Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyko

hi there
i just installed the mod...and no errors installing...but i can't seem to find the controls for the mod!! I've looked in "Features and options" nothing...and all the other menus too....(maybe i'm blind??)

I'm using 1.1RC2, bridged with Joomla 1.08

any help would be great :D
pyko

perplexed

I just downloaded the new 2.1 version this morning and I have to say that this is excellent. It's kinda simple as mods go but it just solves so many problems for me all at once lol

I love the 'admin only edit' option and the registration option and now I see you can add links like myspace etc by using the %1 option on the address - cant wait to try that :)

I was interested in the biography mod last year as I liked the idea of being able to add a pic in the profile but it doesnt work with my version, so I could never do it.  Now I can add pics thanks to this!

Using the [img ] tag I can link to photobucket pics etc

I only have one question about doing this... I have max image sizes on my forum of 500x300 pixels but this seems to be ignored and it displays at full size.  Do you know why it ignores the site limits?  It doesnt matter a great deal but I thought I would ask

Registration
I have been trying to add other fields to be filled in at registration and now I can do this really easily, this is so great.

Admin only
We have lots of member of the month type awards on my board and we give the motm an award to wear that month but now we can add a permanent record to their profile and posts to show that they were motm in a previous month... as well as being able to add more awards

This is very cool

Thanks very much for making my life easier

I should also say that I was just considering installing community builder as I have joomla but I dont think i need to now :)

PYKO - you should see a tab at the top of features and options that says 'custom profile fields'.  It should be next to the 'basic features' tab which is the page you open when you go into features and options.  I have lots of mods installed so my custom profiles tab is a little further along but it should just display a tab, then you can open the Custom profiles screen :)

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on April 09, 2006, 08:57:20 AM
I just downloaded the new 2.1 version this morning and I have to say that this is excellent. It's kinda simple as mods go but it just solves so many problems for me all at once lol

I love the 'admin only edit' option and the registration option and now I see you can add links like myspace etc by using the %1 option on the address - cant wait to try that :)

I was interested in the biography mod last year as I liked the idea of being able to add a pic in the profile but it doesnt work with my version, so I could never do it.  Now I can add pics thanks to this!

I only have one question about doing this... I have max image sizes on my forum of 500x300 pixels but this seems to be ignored and it displays at full size.  Do you know why it ignores the site limits?  It doesnt matter a great deal but I thought I would ask

Registration
I have been trying to add other fields to be filled in at registration and now I can do this really easily, this is so great.

Admin only
We have lots of member of the month type awards on my board and we give the motm an award to wear that month but now we can add a permanent record to their profile and posts to show that they were motm in a previous month... as well as being able to add more awards

This is very cool

I should also say that I was just considering installing community builder as I have joomla but I dont think i need to now :)

PYKO - you should see a tab at the top of features and options that says 'custom profile fields'.  It should be next to the 'basic features' tab which is the page you open when you go into features and options.  I have lots of mods installed so my custom profiles tab is a little further along but it should just display a tab, then you can open the Custom profiles screen :)

Glad you like it :) It uses the same BBC parser as everthing else does, so if you set limits on the parser it should respect those. If yo set limits on attaching images, it won't respect those though. Can you tell me where you set the 500x300 limit?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

geraintw1uk

Hi

I have just installed this and all went fine, but where do i give the new field a description, all that i have got at the moment is

:  (then checkbox)

Also i do i make it an admin only field where only the admin can change it, the only options in the admin section is enable field and type of field.

I am using RC2 and have the latest version 1.07

Thanks for your help

Geraint

winrules

Quote from: geraintw1uk on April 09, 2006, 11:42:29 AM
Hi

I have just installed this and all went fine, but where do i give the new field a description, all that i have got at the moment is

:  (then checkbox)

Also i do i make it an admin only field where only the admin can change it, the only options in the admin section is enable field and type of field.

I am using RC2 and have the latest version 1.07

Thanks for your help

Geraint

You'll see something like "Enable Custom Profile Field 1". "Custom Profile Field 1" should be a link. Click on the link for more options.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

geraintw1uk

Thanks for that

All working now, i must say an exellent mod been waiting for something like this which was easy to manage for a while now

keep up the good work

Geraint

mitchell784

Error

Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Register.php    Test successful

Mods

Browse Packages

Modification Packages

Mod Name    Version    
1.    TinyPortal    0.86
2.    Ignore user    1.2    
3.    Topic Digest    1.1.2
4.    Custom Profile Mod    2.1
5.    Karma On Memberlist    1.0    
6.    Display Number of Attachments    0.4
7.    Membergroup Color Legend    1.1    
8.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0
9.    Current Location on Own Line    1.0
10.    MessagePreviewOnHover    1.0    
11.    Create Topic on Report to Moderator    0.2    
12.    Karma Description Mod    1.9.4
13.    Users Online Today Mod    1.3.1

Mod Name    Version    
1.    2DTV 100px    1.0.100    
2.    Autumn's Horror II    1.0    
3.    Autumns Spookie AVS II    1.0    
4.    Comic faces    1.0
5.    kill bill    1.0    
6.    Megaman    1.0    
7.    Lots-of-Avatars-Animated    1.0    
8.    Diablo_II_Avatars    1.0    
9.    Pretty Faces    5.0

Request

I would love to use this but I am getting this error. :(
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

~Albert Einstein

winrules

Could you pm me your profile.template.php?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

OK, it looks like there some type of "AQ Character ID#" Mod that's interfering with this mod. You could either uninstall that mod or install this mod manually.

Don't see anything like that on your mod list that you posted though.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

Quote from: winrules on April 09, 2006, 10:52:36 AM
Quote from: perplexed on April 09, 2006, 08:57:20 AM

Registration

Admin only

This is very cool

Glad you like it :) It uses the same BBC parser as everthing else does, so if you set limits on the parser it should respect those. If yo set limits on attaching images, it won't respect those though. Can you tell me where you set the 500x300 limit?

Its about halfway down the page in the basic setting of features and options, and looks like

Help     Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)     500
   Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)              300

Also I had another question but I dont see it here, it seems to have disappeared

I like the link example you gave with myspace and how it could be a live link with just inserting the username

I would like to get it to work with livejournal and photobucket but their urls are a different format
eg  
http://yourname.livejournal.com
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/yourname

Do you know anyway of getting around the different format and being able to link to a members account like your example with myspace?

winrules

http://%1.livehournal.com
http://s6.photobucket.com.albums/y245/%1
You can put the %1 where ever you want :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

mitchell784

Quote from: winrules on April 09, 2006, 01:04:22 PM
OK, it looks like there some type of "AQ Character ID#" Mod that's interfering with this mod. You could either uninstall that mod or install this mod manually.

Umm thats cause I supposedly deleted it...

Hmmm

any suggestions?

~Albert Einstein

winrules

Quote from: mitchell784 on April 09, 2006, 01:07:50 PM
Quote from: winrules on April 09, 2006, 01:04:22 PM

Umm thats cause I supposedly deleted it...

Hmmm

any suggestions?
If you don't care about that you could upload a fresh copy of profile.template.php.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

SamyWeb

Hello! Thank you for this grat MOD! :)
I would like to know if it's possible to use in SSI functions some conditions links to a user's field.. i.e.: All members who has choosen a particular option in the select field, they will see calendar events in my home site.

If you don't have ideas for my questions, I ask you only where I can find the column in which are stored data for this mod.

Sorry for my english...

Thanks very much!

mitchell784

Is there a way to use this on a different theme besides the default one?

Ok I read how to do it.

But I dont know I am just having trouble using this.
And I cant delete a field...

How do I go about doing that?

~Albert Einstein

winrules

Quote from: SamyWeb on April 09, 2006, 01:28:44 PM
Hello! Thank you for this grat MOD! :)
I would like to know if it's possible to use in SSI functions some conditions links to a user's field.. i.e.: All members who has choosen a particular option in the select field, they will see calendar events in my home site.

If you don't have ideas for my questions, I ask you only where I can find the column in which are stored data for this mod.

Sorry for my english...

Thanks very much!

The data's stored in the themes table. If you want to access it with ssi, you could wait until next version :) or find:

setupThemeContext();

and add after:

require_once($sourcedir . '/Profile.php');
loadThemeOptions($context['user']['id']);

havent tested it though...but it should work.
when you add that you can use

$context['member']['options'][fieldID]

So you could do something like

if ($context['member']['options']['someoption']=='First Page')
//first page
else
//second page

Quote from: mitchell784 on April 09, 2006, 01:39:35 PM
Is there a way to use this on a different theme besides the default one?

Ok I read how to do it.

But I dont know I am just having trouble using this.
And I cant delete a field...

How do I go about doing that?
You can just disable fields. just find the code it says to find, and replace it with the code it sayd to replace.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

mitchell784

QuoteYou can just disable fields. just find the code it says to find, and replace it with the code it sayd to replace.

I am not sure what you mean. What I wanted to know was with this How can I get rid of the thing in blue?

~Albert Einstein

sbarnes

Hi there,
Great little mod, have successfully installed it first time and appears to work great on the default theme.

I am also using a copy of the default theme with just a different style.css

I have copied the following modified files from my default theme directory to my second theme directory:
register.template.php
personalmessage.template.php
profile.template.php
display.template.php

What else do I need to do to get it to work on my second theme.
All admin settings and pages appear but mod sections in the profile and posts pages are missing.

winrules

Quote from: mitchell784 on April 09, 2006, 03:32:22 PM
QuoteYou can just disable fields. just find the code it says to find, and replace it with the code it sayd to replace.

I am not sure what you mean. What I wanted to know was with this How can I get rid of the thing in blue?

You can't delete fields in this version. But if you disable it it won't show up anywhere besides the admin interface.

Quote from: sbarnes on April 09, 2006, 04:51:39 PM
Hi there,
Great little mod, have successfully installed it first time and appears to work great on the default theme.

I am also using a copy of the default theme with just a different style.css

I have copied the following modified files from my default theme directory to my second theme directory:
register.template.php
personalmessage.template.php
profile.template.php
display.template.php

What else do I need to do to get it to work on my second theme.
All admin settings and pages appear but mod sections in the profile and posts pages are missing.
Are you sure there are any field enabled? Because if there aern't then nothing will show up. Also you really don't need to copy all those files, just make the changes I specify in the first post of this topic.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

sbarnes

QuoteAre you sure there are any field enabled? Because if there aern't then nothing will show up. Also you really don't need to copy all those files, just make the changes I specify in the first post of this topic.

Yes I setup a test field and activated it.

Thank you for your help. Just to clarify, do I make the changes you mention in your first post to the display.template within my second theme?

Advertisement: