News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

souljaa

Hey Kindred! Thanks for the help, well I tried looking at my packages folder and everything, it's not listed twice, do I just have to edit the ModSettings.php manually? Take off the code for the mod, then re-install it?

PM me for more information about staff. NOW HIRING.

Kindred

no...   if you re-install it again, you will have even more issues.

Althought it may not show as installed twice, apparently it was.

the best solution for you would be to uplaod a clean set of files (thus erasing all mods) and then carefully install each mod one-by-one.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

souljaa

Okay, I'll try that out.
Thanks
Souljaa

PM me for more information about staff. NOW HIRING.

Jairito

What a great Mod!!
I have one thing I would like to change. To give more space in the profile for the members, I would like to have the Picture/Text part above the summary. The width of the profile will be a bit larger so the members have more space to pimp up their profiles. Can someone help me to fix this?

cloner_357

I have a bit of an issue, I installed it.. and it gave some errors.. i tryed to uninstall it. now most of the Profile stuff doesnt work. any ideas?

What files do i need to replace to get rid of the mod and do a fresh install on it

TrueSatan

You might be best to replace all the files and directories in your forum with replacements from the SMF installation package (for 1.1.3) save for the Attachments directory, Settings.php and Settings_bak.php all in your forum root. When done then re add any themes and mods you may wish to use.

Jairito

I have another question. I would like to give the members the possibility to post some photos in their profile. It is possible to use the BBcodes in a textfield. But I want to have a field where members only have to paste the url in the field. I saw this on another forum. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

example
[nofollow]

TrueSatan

@ Jarito

There are some new mods that make highly customised alternative versions of the entire profile page...some of these include a gallery...they aren't yet approved by SMF (and may not gain approval) so I won't link to them here but if you search around they can be found. They might better suit your requirements than alterations to this mod.

Jairito

Well I don't want a whole gallery in the profiles. Just a few photos that can be post in the profiles. To make it easier for the members it would be nice that the members only have to paste the url of their photos in the fields. Maybe something like the image BBC already written in the fields but invisble.

TrueSatan

Gallery means different things to different people...in some of the mods I have in mind it would be exactly as you describe:

QuoteJust a few photos that can be post in the profiles

These profile galleries aren't meant to be much more than that.

cloner_357

I ran a backup installed a test forum.. when i redid all the root files.. it reset every thing post's.. users. etc. any way to keep those after i reinstall?

Kindred

sounds liek you sis a re-install, not an installation of a backup.
ALl user data is stored in the database, so replacing files would have no effect on that data.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cloner_357

Ok, I created a new Forum. I used the same database info. but i still get the Error..when i try to isntall this mod, it must have been a old mod i had before that edited the files or something.
Execute Modification     /home/william/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php     Test failed

Any ideas?

EduardoP737

I have been installed the MOD, but I can use it.

Im going to "Freatures and Options" in the Admin panel, an just i see this

Características básicas (Basic Freatures)       -      Diseño (Temas)  Themes     -       Karma

Help me pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrkSnpr14

Quote from: EduardoF1 on July 25, 2007, 03:55:27 PM

Características básicas (Basic Freatures)       -      Diseño (Temas)  Themes     -       Karma

I'm having the same problem. I'm using SMF 1.1.3, is that the problem?
[nofollow]

shadow82x

Are you guys using any custom themes? If so you have to manually install it.

Manual Installation of Mods
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

EduardoP737

Quote from: DrkSnpr14 on July 25, 2007, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: EduardoF1 on July 25, 2007, 03:55:27 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm using SMF 1.1.3, is that the problem?

Ouch!!! its a language problem

Look  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=184694.msg1175157#msg1175157

DrkSnpr14

Quote from: shadow82x on July 25, 2007, 04:02:49 PM
Are you guys using any custom themes? If so you have to manually install it.

Manual Installation of Mods
That would be my problem, lol. Thanks for the link, I'll work on that
[nofollow]

cloner_357

Ok, I created a new test forum.. I made a backup of my sql, and used it on the new forum, Im still getting the same errors. When i backup the sql, doesnt it save the main files.. etc.?

zarrion101

Says the package is not valid or corrupt for me, tried multiple times. :( Using DilberMC theme and 1.1.3 SMF.

Advertisement: