• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Different board Icons

Started by memo, March 15, 2004, 08:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

March 15, 2004, 08:29:55 AM Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:10:53 PM by SleePy
Mod Available cbi (Custom Board Icons)

Original Post


Hi everybody

In yabbse we had discussions about different Icons for every board. Is in smf also something planned?
look here to see what i mean:

http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?thread=26086/0

[Unknown]

This is easily accomplished.  You can use the BoardIndex template to have a separate on.gif or off.gif for every $board['id'].  Where you want to look is after this comment:

// If the board is new, show a strong indicator.

Before each .gif, just add ', $board['id'], ' and then make onID.gif's for every board.

-[Unknown]

Cypher7

hey, sorry to be digging up older threads,

QuoteBefore each .gif, just add ', $board['id'], ' and then make onID.gif's for every board.

Ive been trying to do this, and due to my very limited knowledge of scripting I can't manage it. If someone could elaberate a bit more or post a sample bit of script as to point me in the right direction that would be great...

where do I add in the ', $board['id'], ' to

// If the board is new, show a strong indicator.
   if ($board['new'])
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/on.gif" alt="', $txt[333], '" title="', $txt[333], '" border="0" />';
// This board doesn't have new posts, but its children do.
   elseif ($board['children_new'])
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/on2.gif" alt="', $txt[333], '" title="', $txt[333], '" border="0" />';
// No new posts at all!  The agony!!
   else
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/off.gif" alt="', $txt[334], '" title="', $txt[334], '" border="0" />';

  echo '</td>


!?

Thanks for the help!


Ben_S


// If the board is new, show a strong indicator.
   if ($board['new'])
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/on', $board['id'], '.gif" alt="', $txt[333], '" title="', $txt[333], '" border="0" />';
// This board doesn't have new posts, but its children do.
   elseif ($board['children_new'])
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/on2', $board['id'], '.gif" alt="', $txt[333], '" title="', $txt[333], '" border="0" />';
// No new posts at all!  The agony!!
   else
echo '<img src="', $settings['images_url'], '/off', $board['id'], '.gif" alt="', $txt[334], '" title="', $txt[334], '" border="0" />';

  echo '</td>
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Cypher7

Great stuff! I see how it works now... the penny has dropped! I'm learning, I'm learning!!  ;D


thanks for that  :)

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum


From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Cypher7

Hi edi67!

yes that is what I am trying to achieve! Thanks to the help above though I'm just about there!

Just a matter of putting it live now...! me thinks maintenance mode might be required for a min!  ::)

Cypher7

ok thats done... working fine... thanks for the help!

I just can't figure out how to make Child Boards have different icons...?  Is it possible?  :-\

[Unknown]

Do the same thing, but in MessageIndex.template.php.

-[Unknown]

Cypher7

genius...!

thanks a million [?]...  now I got some work to do!  :)


Vinoth

Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

haup9

I'm sorry for digging up such an old thread but I need a bit of help with this.

I found where the code goes.....no problem there. But how will it know which icon to use for which board? Do I need to name each .gif the board Id number? Do I still put the .gif in the images directory?

I'm so new to this stuff it is still very confusing to me. If someone could walk me through this step by step that would be a great help. Thanks for any help you can give me.
[nofollow]

babylonking

Quote from: edi67 on May 12, 2004, 09:07:18 AM
u want make as my forum ?

http://www.forumzone.host.sk/index.php


tell me

You are using my forum skin icons without a permission from BBK  ::)

edi67

how ??
im sorry for this but i sent already 2 pm in this forum and one in BBK forum for tell u this i liked very much this icons and i gave them for my forum

nothing u read ??
sorry but i not wanted take them without ask u i was thinking u already read my PM  :o
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum


From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

babylonking

Quote from: edi67 on September 30, 2004, 10:51:19 AM
how ??
im sorry for this but i sent already 2 pm in this forum and one in BBK forum for tell u this i liked very much this icons and i gave them for my forum

nothing u read ??
sorry but i not wanted take them without ask u i was thinking u already read my PM  :o

I didn't receive any PM's from you  ::)

Anyway you can keep them but please don't use any other buttons from bbk forum cuz i designed them only for my forum skin  :)

Anguz

Quote from: edi67 on September 30, 2004, 10:51:19 AM
how ??
im sorry for this but i sent already 2 pm in this forum and one in BBK forum for tell u this i liked very much this icons and i gave them for my forum

nothing u read ??
sorry but i not wanted take them without ask u i was thinking u already read my PM :o

Just asking for them doesn't mean you can take them. Get a reply okaying it first. It's common sense, at least to me it is...

Quote from: babylonking on September 30, 2004, 07:28:13 PM
I didn't receive any PM's from you ::)

Anyway you can keep them but please don't use any other buttons from bbk forum cuz i designed them only for my forum skin :)

Now you had a reply. :)
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

haup9

Quote from: Anguz on September 30, 2004, 09:27:07 PM
Now you had a reply. :)

Can I get one too?  ;D

Quote from: haup9 on September 29, 2004, 10:21:38 PM
I'm sorry for digging up such an old thread but I need a bit of help with this.

I found where the code goes.....no problem there. But how will it know which icon to use for which board? Do I need to name each .gif the board Id number? Do I still put the .gif in the images directory?

I'm so new to this stuff it is still very confusing to me. If someone could walk me through this step by step that would be a great help. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks!!
[nofollow]

[Unknown]

See the link to this board, SMF Coding Discussion?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=60.0

Notice the 60 there?  That's this board's number.  That's how you know ;).

-[Unknown]

Amacythe

Quote from: haup9 on September 30, 2004, 10:50:44 PM
Quote from: Anguz on September 30, 2004, 09:27:07 PM
Now you had a reply. :)

Can I get one too? ;D

Quote from: haup9 on September 29, 2004, 10:21:38 PM
I'm sorry for digging up such an old thread but I need a bit of help with this.

I found where the code goes.....no problem there. But how will it know which icon to use for which board? Do I need to name each .gif the board Id number? Do I still put the .gif in the images directory?

I'm so new to this stuff it is still very confusing to me. If someone could walk me through this step by step that would be a great help. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks!!

I guess not :P

Try starting a new topic if no one replies by the time you see this.

Advertisement: