News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Token verification failed?

Started by ~Souza~, October 23, 2024, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Souza~

I just upgraded my 2.0.19 forum to the latest 2.1 version and all seemed well until I tried to install a theme.

"Token verification failed. Please go back and try again."

I see I get it with some other admin tasks also, like deleting logs and cache etc.

I did a search and only found something from 2013 and that it should have been fixed, but it's 2024 and I get this message.

Hope that someone can help out!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'd start by trying to see if simply logging in again might fix that.
So log out, or empty your browser cache, and log in again.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

if you use the back button and try to re-submit content on the page, this will come up, it is for security. you need to reload the page first.

~Souza~

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 23, 2024, 11:49:44 AMI'd start by trying to see if simply logging in again might fix that.
So log out, or empty your browser cache, and log in again.

I must be very tired at the moment to not have thought about trying this myself... I bow my head in shame, that indeed did the trick, LOL.

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: