News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by MobileCS, July 18, 2024, 10:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobileCS

When I log in from the main simplemachines.org website, it loads the forum in the log in box.

I'm using the latest version of MS Edge browser.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I've used pretty much all Chromium based browsers I can think of, and I've never seen that happen.  :o
Perhaps try to empty your browser history and cache, and test again?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

TwitchisMental

Quote from: MobileCS on July 18, 2024, 10:34:34 PMWhen I log in from the main simplemachines.org website, it loads the forum in the log in box.

I'm using the latest version of MS Edge browser.

Does this happen every time or just on occasion?

Do you have any plugins/addons installed for Edge? If so which ones?

d3vcho

This has happened to me multiple times, no matter the browser I'm on
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

MobileCS

Quote from: TwitchisMental on July 19, 2024, 11:55:56 PMDoes this happen every time or just on occasion?

Do you have any plugins/addons installed for Edge? If so which ones?

It happens every time, including when I logged in just now.

My Addons:
uBlock Origin v1.57.2
SmartProxy v1.4.7

live627

SleePy

Its how we handle the population of the content.  Need to rework that login form to be honest to resolve it completely.  We now sniff the HTML response from the xhr to determine what to do.  This is something we need to fix in SMF rather than the site.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Arantor

The simplest answer is to not have it popup if you're outside SMF core, job done.

It is one of the things I came to regret implementing - the intent was always to follow it up with extra login options that would have attached DB queries that shouldn't run every page. Login with FB/Twitter/Google etc was always in my head as core feature candidates for what I was intending to do in 2.2 with mods adding other options.

But things went sideways in the intervening 10 years.
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

MobileCS

It happened again today after using ccleaner. Here is a video of it :

https://streamable.com/8qk2kj

Advertisement: