2.1.4 Issue with TR, TD, Table in Signature

Started by Alex98, March 05, 2024, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Since I suspect we've been sharing examples & copying & pasting & possibly introducing errors, I'll share the full texts of what I've seen working & not working here.

These work everywhere, in signatures & posts:

[table][tr][td][b][color=#0066cc]Slava[/color]
[color=#ffcc00]Ukraini![/color][/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][sub]"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas[/sub][/td][/tr][/table]

[table]
[tr]
[td][size=18pt][color=red][b]ভাই পানি লাগবে, পানি?[/b][/color][/size][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][size=18pt][color=green][b]বাবা তোমার বুকে অনেক ভাল্লাগে।[/b][/color][/size][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

This one does not work, in signatures or posts:
[table][tr][td][b][color=#0066cc]Slava[/color]
[color=#ffcc00][hr]Ukraini![/color][/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][sub]"Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas[/sub][/td][/tr][/table]

You can make that last one work by removing the hr tag. 

If you are working on reproducing, please copy & past the ENTIRE field & retest.  Please share results. 

I've been testing across multiple php versions, unix & windows.  All in 2.1 & 3.0.  The net result of what I've seen is in the GitHub issue referenced above.
A question worth asking is born in experience & driven by necessity. - Fripp

GL700Wing

Quote from: shawnb61 on August 03, 2024, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on August 03, 2024, 03:50:11 PM... the test by GL700Wing earlier being another.
... the bbc was entered or copied & pasted incorrectly, specifically, missing the opening table tag.
Apologies for that - I didn't realise I'd made such a simple mistake.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

shawnb61

Quote from: GL700Wing on August 03, 2024, 05:09:26 PMApologies for that - I didn't realise I'd made such a simple mistake.

That was my theory...

If you could retest & confirm, that'd be excellent!
A question worth asking is born in experience & driven by necessity. - Fripp

Advertisement: