Blue Evolution 2.1

Started by TwitchisMental, July 16, 2021, 05:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Having an odd problem with member options in BE.  'Return to topics after posting by default' is enabled (I've done it several times), works correctly from quick reply, but reply editor returns to message index.  Works fine in Curve2, so seems to be a theme problem.  I'm running 1.4.1, have done a lot of customizing so would rather not change versions.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

The setting is per theme, check it's set that way in both themes?
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, I've done it several times.  Works in Curve2, quick reply works in BE, reply editor returns to message index in BE.

Also (since you're already here) can't get your sidebar mod to work in BE.  Just get a stack of title bars.  Seems to be a css conflict with custom.css, been trying to find it for several hours, no luck.  :(

- R. Waters

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 04, 2024, 05:20:12 PMHaving an odd problem with member options in BE.  'Return to topics after posting by default' is enabled (I've done it several times), works correctly from quick reply, but reply editor returns to message index.  Works fine in Curve2, so seems to be a theme problem.  I'm running 1.4.1, have done a lot of customizing so would rather not change versions.

Interesting, I will have to take a look at this.

Steve

I use this theme almost exclusively and I don't have this problem. I'm running 2.1.4 if that makes a difference.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

v1.4.4 works fine in clean 2.1.4 install, posts return to topic, Arantor sidebar installs correctly.  The mod is being borked by something in custom.css.  The return to topic glitch appears to be a database issue.  There are approx. 60 rows for return_to_post in smf_themes, all are for id_theme = 1, value = 1.  Nothing for any other theme.  This is the production database, it's always worked correctly in 2.0 custom theme, and works fine in 2.1.4 Curve2. 

Gotta go, will get back to this tonight.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

I've confirmed that the return to topic problem occurs with clean 2.1.4 files, clean BE 1.4.4 files, only in production database that was upgraded from 2.0.19.  Posts normally, no errors reported.  Running on test install with new database it works correctly.

Inserted row into smf_themes manually to enable return to posts, doesn't work.  Tried with two different members, same result, returns to message index.  All is well in Curve2.  Not seeing how this can be a theme problem.  >:(

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Fixed it, and also got Arantor's mod working.  You can see it here (wip).

Nice theme, had previously installed BE without issues here, here, and here.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

#footer li.copyright {
display: block;
font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; /* Copyright must be Verdana! */
}

Why verdana?

- R. Waters

Diego Andrés

It's default SMF gibberish styles from curve2, probably ensuring some sort of standard.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Arantor

It's far older than that, it dates back to the era when copyright removal wasn't allowed, and the codebase would attempt to verify the copyright was visible. And it had to be in that font.

Sir Osis of Liver

Well, I've removed it and copyright looks fine, just a smaller font.  No harm, no foul.

- R. Waters

Arantor

You make it sound like this is in any way a surprise. The code for that check was removed many years ago.

Sir Osis of Liver

First time I saw it.  It's been pointed out several times that there's a lot of remnant code in the css, and there are quite a few calls in templates to nonexistent css classes.  I believe some of that is to be cleaned up in 3.0 (hope so).

- R. Waters

Advertisement: