1.1.20 broke the preview in Firefox

Started by Stüldt Håjt, October 06, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stüldt Håjt

I think the latest patch broke the post preview function in Firefox. It loads the preview forever. Works fine in Chrome.

vbgamer45

I have a possible report from one of my forums from one of my members looking to get more detail from them as well.

Seems to happen on my SMF 1.1.x board just getting "Fetching preview..."
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kat

Odd... It works A-OK, on my 1.1.20 site...

Opera v12, Firefox 32.0.3, PaleMoon, IE 11x64, K-Meleon and Lunascape.

onepiece

This is valid for both 1.1.20 and 2.0.9. A session check is added at the beginning of Post2 function when previewing, however, the AJAX call does not send the session id resulting in the checkSession call to return an error. Possible fixes:

Post.template.php

SMF 1.1.20

Code (Find) Select
"question", "topic"

Code (Replace) Select
"question", "topic", "sc"

SMF 2.0.9

Code (Find) Select
\'question\', \'topic\'

Code (Replace) Select
\'question\', \'topic\', ', JavaScriptEscape($context['session_var']), '

Stüldt Håjt

Antechinus

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

Hmm... I wonder why it's OK, for me, then? It's not like I usually get GOOD luck, with this kinda thing, after all.

W7 riso

Hi all,

Here the same issue on 3 Forums running the new 1.1.20 update
Fetching preview... for ever, IE works fine!

2.0.9 works fine in Firefox

onepiece

If you believe that it works fine, can you make sure that the preview is actually updated without the page being reloaded? I can't test different browsers myself but some of them maybe failing all together on the AJAX error, while some fall back to regular post form reloading the page.

Also, can this topic be moved to the Bug Reports board? I think this is a significant bug that requires more attention.

margarett

It was noticed and will be taken care of ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MadMick

Cool and easy fix onepiece  ;), thanks.
Regards,

Mick.

AHN Moderators - Can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you"

knagl

A member reported the preview issue to me and I was able to duplicate it in Firefox 32.0.3.

I used onepiece's fix and we're back up to speed.  Thanks, onepiece!

For those like me who couldn't initially find the file to edit, it's located at:

{forum root}/Themes/default/Post.template.php

NancyMB

Thank you all for the information provided in this topic. I am having the same issue (hang up on trying to preview a post) in SMF 1.1.20.

I have edited the post.template.php (Themes/default/Post.template.php) as suggested but it has not made a difference.

Any other suggestions?

many Thanks!

Arantor

Does your theme have its own Post.template.php file?

NancyMB

no, it doesn't - we use the bisdakworldgreen theme and there is no Post.template.php  file for that theme (I made sure to check).

TonyG

I just encountered this with 2.0.9 over IE11. I'm glad/lucky I was able to find this in the 1.1 forum reporting a Firefox issue.  :o
Solution for v2 worked. Thanks for this thread!

Advertisement: