[4825] Firefox 8 beta bug

Started by wattie, October 04, 2011, 10:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattie

In the Firefox 8 beta there is a bug with attachments - they download as "index.php" instead of their original filename. The contents of the downloaded file are the original attachment file. The bug do not exist in other Firefox version or browsers.

wattie

P.S. Confirmed on SMF 2.0.1 with different themes, including the default. I cleaned the cache of my browser.

Illori

this was not included in the 2.0.1 upgrade, so it is expected that it would not be fixed.

Tomcraft

Hi there,

users that have recently updated to Firefox 8.0 get all zip-files downloaded as "index.php".

Can someone confirm this?

Regards, Torsten

kat

Confirmed.

Firefox is crap. ;)

Right-click>"Save link as" it is, then.

Tomcraft

Always good not to be alone with a problem. :D

Do you think this will be solved in SMF or is this a bug in Firefox 8.0?

Regards, Torsten

kat

Illori

most likely i think it is an smf issue but may not be fixed until the next security patch is released which may be sometime, unless the devs feel otherwise. there is also possibility that it may not be fixed in the security patch up to the devs either way.

kat

I looked at FF's MIME settings, to see if it could be changed.

But, Firefox, being the dog that it is, it seems that you can't, as far as I can see.

Tomcraft

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Tomcraft on November 08, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Hi there,

users that have recently updated to Firefox 8.0 get all zip-files downloaded as "index.php".

Regards, Torsten

Not just zip file, also .pdf file.

Maybe all attachment downloads?

live627

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on November 08, 2011, 09:36:09 PM
Quote from: Tomcraft on November 08, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Hi there,

Regards, Torsten

Not just zip file, also .pdf file.

Maybe all attachment downloads?

Yeah, all of 'em.

Quote from: K@ on November 08, 2011, 01:51:55 PM
I looked at FF's MIME settings, to see if it could be changed.

But, Firefox, being the dog that it is, it seems that you can't, as far as I can see.
WHAT! >:(

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: K@ on November 08, 2011, 01:12:37 PM
Confirmed.

Firefox is crap. ;)

Right-click>"Save link as" it is, then.

What browser do you like to use?

live627

kat

Live wins. :)

I got pissed off with Firefox, coz every time there's a damned upgrade, none of the addons worked.

Never had that problem with Opera.

It seems a lot quicker, to me, too.

Tomcraft

I have a solution for both of your problems. ;)

Addons not working anymore: Add-on Compatibility Reporter

Fix download-problem:

Apply patch to "/Sources/Display.php" as the "/Source/Attachment.php" doesn't exist: 0004825: Firefox attachment Content-Disposition bug

Code (php) Select
// Different browsers like different standards...
if ($context['browser']['is_firefox'])
header('Content-Disposition: ' . $disposition . '; filename*="UTF-8\'\'' . preg_replace('~&#(\d{3,8});~e', '$fixchar(\'$1\')', $utf8name) . '"');

Regards, Torsten

Tomcraft

Here is the fix for installation through the package manager.

Regards, Torsten

live627

QuoteI got pissed off with Firefox, coz every time there's a damned upgrade, none of the addons worked.
Ah yes the utter nightmare of using version numbers to determine compatibility... why don't they check for functions? Makes sense considering FF's new release schedule.

Advertisement: