News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) mod

Started by Suki, June 20, 2011, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

It can be done, however, you will need to move the default page and replace it with one that list the categories and or course you need to build that page first.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

eric1234

I see. May i know how can i move the default page and replace it? :) I not quite understand on the build that page 1st >.<

Suki

Just look how the default page is created and replace that code with the code to fetch the categories via a query, then you will need to create a new template function and code the html for the categories.

If enough people ask then I'll add it.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

eric1234

I see >.< oh my T.T
Than i shall suggest it :P Just a suggestion. Well, having people to view categories instead the list if FAQ is better, because if there are a lot of categories , there will be a lot of FAQ , so it will become kinda messy >.<

Molten Bear

Hi,

How do I upgrade the local testing database from 2.0 to 2.0.2?  My forum version says 2.0.2 yet I see this error when trying to install this mod:

Where is the upgrade.php file found?  Running upgrade.php from the latest large upgrade package failed.

BLOB/TEXT column 'body' can't have a default value
File: C:\vhosts\domainname\smf\Packages\temp\database.php
Line: 149

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Thank You!

Suki

is this the first time you are installing the mod?

Molten Bear

Yes, first time installing the FAQ mod.

Suki

Are you using mysql in strict mode?   if you can, contact your host and ask them to turn off strict mode  or  download the mod again, unzip it open database.php  find:

array(
               'name' => 'body',
               'type' => 'text',
               'size' => '',
               'default' => '',
            ),

and change with:

array(
               'name' => 'body',
               'type' => 'text',
               'size' => '',
               'default' => null,
            ),

zip it again and install.

MadTogger

Hi Suki,

really great mod, just what I was looking for.

How difficult would it be to add the ability to parse html in faqs.

I made a test faq using html tables in the editor, which previews perfectly fine but once saved  and then viewed as an actuall faq it just shows all the coding exactly like viewing a webpage source.

A big ask I know but maybe you could steer me in the right direction.

Regards..,

Suki

The mod uses SMF's parse_bbc function, that means th ere is no way to use pure html code on the faqs unless you're de admin or you enable basic html tags on our admin panel.

maybe you can convert your html code to bbc code.

If you want to use just html then you can remove the parse_bbc function and then you can directly type html, but you won't be a be to use bbc tags anymore and could be a security issue.

Molten Bear

Thank You Suki!  This edit did the trick as I was unable to have the database strict mode turned off.

Thank You

Quote from: Suki on February 12, 2012, 08:26:04 PM
Are you using mysql in strict mode?   if you can, contact your host and ask them to turn off strict mode  or  download the mod again, unzip it open database.php  find:

array(
               'name' => 'body',
               'type' => 'text',
               'size' => '',
               'default' => '',
            ),

and change with:

array(
               'name' => 'body',
               'type' => 'text',
               'size' => '',
               'default' => null,
            ),

zip it again and install.

ajay16

I cannot add or edit Categories. I have no option to do so under Admin> Configuration> FAQ mod admin panel
The only options i get are: Basic Settings, Edit FAQ, Add FAQ.

Under the FAQ button in the nav bar i dont get a drop down, and when i click it i just get the current FAQ's that i can edit or delete.

thpengine.info/public_html

Suki

What happens if you go to this pages?

index.php?action=faq;sa=managecat
index.php?action=faq;sa=addcat

ajay16

That works :)

Any way i can fix it so it shows the menu though?

Suki

Do you use another language in your forums?

Did you do any change to any faq file recently?

ajay16

The forum is English only.

I have only installed the mod thats all, i run a different theme to the standard one though?

Suki

Any error on your error log?

Attach your Sources/Faq.php file here.

ajay16

I have attached the file, no i dont have any errors relating to it in the error log  :-\

Suki

Did you have the proper permissions to edit faqs/categories?   the buttons only appear if you have the proper permissions, are you viewing it as an admin?

ajay16

Yes i am logged in as admin, but the tabs dont appear. Do i need to give permissions somewhere else?

Advertisement: