News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS configuration

Started by Angelina Belle, June 08, 2011, 10:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

It would be great if the default RSS feed (/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss) were configurable.
The admin could then choose WHICH boards go out in the default RSS feed.

For example -- I would always keep the "test" board out of the RSS feed.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Arantor

...they don't change what the *default* RSS feed issues, the same one as linked in the footer and the headers.

Angelina Belle

Thanks for suggesting the workarounds.  They are quite handy for places where *I* control the incoming RSS URL.
(Oh -- and there's another task for the documetation team, eh?

Quote from: Once Upon A Star on June 08, 2011, 12:02:14 PM
...they don't change what the *default* RSS feed issues, the same one as linked in the footer and the headers.
+1
As an SMF administrator, I would also like to be able to control how the "default" RSS feed represents the site.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Kindred

well, IIRC, the standard site RRS feed does respect permissions
(i.e. if you have an admin cookie, you can see it all - if you have no cookie, you're limited to guest-view boards - and so on)

--- mind you a field for "include this board in RSS" would not be a bad idea
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Angelina Belle

+1 Kindred.
Yes. Any guest can see the "TEST" board. But I don't want it in the "official" RSS feed.

emanuele

Do you mind if I packed a mod? :P

Please note that I didn't test it extensively! (install/uninstall and few common situations)

In the board modification page there should be a new check box "Show this board in RSS feeds", default checked.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Joshua Dickerson

Since AB already requested it, I'm going to do what I can to market this request. Please use that post as a base for the wiki.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Advertisement: