News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

In Line Attachments -- ILA

Started by Spuds, April 17, 2010, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

In Line Attachments v1.2.1
By Spuds
Download

License
This modification is released under a BSD license, a copy of it with its provisions is included with the package.

Introduction
This modification adds the ability to position your attachments in your post, like the IMG tag, using newly created BBC codes. This is useful for inserting attachments inline with your text.  Several types of attachments are possible such as : full-size, thumbnail or link. For each attachment you can select how and where the attachment appears within the message. You can also use the same image in multiple areas in the same post. You can of course still have the attachment at the bottom of the post as is the SMF default.

Original mods
Based on the mod and ideas in :
- "Inline Attachments" (by mouser - http://www.donationcoder.com)

Features
o Adds bbcodes [attachimg=n], [attach=n], [attachurl=n] or [attachmini=n] to position attachments within the post.  n is the number of the attachment in the post, eg first = 1, second = 2, etc.
o Adds optional align and width attributes as [attachimg=1 align=left width=80]
o Align can be left, right or center.  For left and right aligns the text will flow around the image
o Width works on attachimg, if the specified width is less than the image then a link (or highslide) is added to one to view the full sized image
o The mod is HS4SMF aware, if the highslide mod is installed it will work on the attachment (assuming its not full size)
o Adds in line options next to the attachment/upload box to insert the correct bbcode
o The default placement of attachments at the bottom of the post is unaffected for the attachments that were not used in line.
o Works in all areas of the board such as new posts since last visit / all posts of user / new, reply, modify messages / Topic/Reply History.
o Allows pseudo preview for attachments that have not been uploaded by providing an image box / text string shown in the preview window to help ensure proper layout and placement of attachments

There are some basic admin settings available with this mod, go to admin - configuration - modification settings - ILA.  Here you can disable/enable the mod.

Installation
Simply install the package to install this modification on the SMF Default Curve theme.
Manual edits will be required for other themes.

This mod is compatible with SMF 2.0x.

Support
Please use the ILA modification thread for support with this modification.

Changelog
1.21 - 22 Jan 2012
o ! Fixed issue with left side portal blocks were used on the message view page
o ! Fixed issue with displaying > 9 ILA attachments in a message introduced in V1.2

1.2 - 04 Dec 2011
o + re-Release under proper BSD open license
o - Simplifed tag support by removed support for [attachment tags in messages (if you are upgrading from a mod that may use these you will need to manually replace those tags in your database.
o - Simplied Highslide mod support to only HS4SMF
o ! Fixed error where [attach] shortcut was not working
o ! Fixed error where previewing a modified message would not render the 'fake' thumb properly
o + Improved error handling for improperly constructed tags

1.11 - 21 Mar 2011
o ! fixed issue where an ILA tag in a nested quote would not correctly create a back link
o ! minor code formatting updates

See changelog for older changes.

Eddy Matthews

Are there any images to show this mod in operation? Or a site we can visit to see it working?

Regards
Eddy

Spuds

I added some pics to the first post so you can see what it does ....

Eddy Matthews

Thanks Spuds, that looks really impressive - Now can I get the computer illiterates on my website to understand how it works? ;)

Regards
Eddy

purper

Ah spuds! You decided to launch the mod yourself instead of in the Attacht in message mod!?
Thats nice, congrats m8! Me as a users from one of the first versions am very satisfied with you're work!

Bugo

Arantor

Interesting mod... I like the idea, will have to try it out in a bit.

Bancherd

Great mod, will give it a spin now.  ;D

MATTEK

Nice mod.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Liiger

Love this mod,

Any chance it can be integrated with jQLightbox?

Spuds

Quote from: Bugo on April 18, 2010, 04:01:34 AM
Great mod! :)

Russian translation

Thanks Bugo, I'll add those in the next release

Quote from: Liiger on April 20, 2010, 10:53:02 AM
Love this mod,

Any chance it can be integrated with jQLightbox?

I'll look into that and see what is required.  I've written a new version of Highslide (in approval phase) which has a fairly extensive admin front end to which will integrate with the next release of this Mod, so you may want to give that a spin as well.

Mave

Thanx for great Mod and help the old mods to come back and make it so much easier.

I hope its okay here german translate as a installmod for version 1.06beta

can integraded it in next version, post me if you ad some strings.

i have a idea for next version

a global thumbnail width as default add in admin options.

searchgr

RawDepth

You do good work. Thank you much for a great mod.

Bugo

File install-2.0.xml (and install-2.0-rc2 also):
</file>

function template_main()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

<file name="$themedir/Post.template.php">

What is it? Why code is open and between </file> and <file>?

Spuds

Quote from: Bugo on April 26, 2010, 10:26:28 AM
File install-2.0.xml (and install-2.0-rc2 also):
</file>

function template_main()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

<file name="$themedir/Post.template.php">

What is it? Why code is open and between </file> and <file>?

Its a mistake that I made when creating the install xml files, thanks for finding that, good eyes!

Fortunately the parser ignores the error on install since its in no-mans land sitting between all the valid operations ... I'll remove those excess lines in the next update.

engr_dood

Oh, there you are!  I kept looking back in the original thread and not finding anything.  I didn't notice you'd started a new thread on this.

I've been using this mod since the end of March and have had zero problems with it.  Nice work Spuds!

sander76

Dutch translation you can add manually to Modifications.dutch.php attached.

Raffoz

there's a bug if i click on "Add attachment" in a post...

it doesn't give me the possibility to add a new attachment...
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

Arantor

Quote from: Raffaele1977 on May 07, 2010, 04:25:17 AM
there's a bug if i click on "Add attachment" in a post...

it doesn't give me the possibility to add a new attachment...

Javascript enabled? Could be a Javascript error on the page, too.

Advertisement: