Should I Put This Under Mods or Themes?

Started by GuArDiAn~AnGeL, October 30, 2009, 09:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuArDiAn~AnGeL

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I should put a small tweak for the style.css of the SMF Default Core theme in mods or in themes. I do not want to provide members with a whole theme, just the rewrite for style.css.

Any suggestions?

Mod: merged other topic into this one. Please do not clutter up the forum with numerous closely related topics.

GuArDiAn~AnGeL

Hi! I want to make a mod that makes your SMF Default Core theme look like the theme does here. I changed only the SMF Default Core theme style.css.

My only question is, do you think that anyone would be interested in this? I have recently ran into the problem of most mods only showing up on SMF Default. I know for a fact that most SMF consumers would rather not have to go in and manually install their mod, so I am thinking of making a mod that changes your SMF Default Core theme style.css to any color you want, but still lets you keep all of your features.

I'm not going to do this if I do not get at least 10 people that would use it. So, what do you say?

Would you use this mod?

Marcus Forsberg

This wouldn't be a mod, but a custom theme.

GuArDiAn~AnGeL

Quote from: Nas on October 30, 2009, 09:46:01 AM
This wouldn't be a mod, but a custom theme.

The problem is, I don't want people to think of it as that, please check out the "Should I Put This Under Mods or Themes?" link in my signature for more information. I do not want this to be a theme that nobody understands exactly what it does.

MrPhil

I suppose you could build a standalone utility/editor, or even a mod to the administrative section of SMF, that would read in your style.css file and replace certain color entries with new colors.  It seems like a rather roundabout way of doing it, when someone could more easily just directly edit their style.css file according to simple instructions. What are you trying to accomplish?

GuArDiAn~AnGeL

Quote from: MrPhil on October 30, 2009, 11:38:05 AM
I suppose you could build a standalone utility/editor, or even a mod to the administrative section of SMF, that would read in your style.css file and replace certain color entries with new colors.  It seems like a rather roundabout way of doing it, when someone could more easily just directly edit their style.css file according to simple instructions. What are you trying to accomplish?

I simply want other members to be able to choose different style.css for their SMF Default Core theme.

Antechinus

There is already a multicolour default theme with nineteen variations, and it can easily be added to or altered. In any case, Core is out of date now.

Advertisement: