News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Promoting SMF?

Started by BMW-Guy, April 12, 2005, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Nope their added now  ;)

Miraenda

I sent a review as well.  I think it is a great idea to review the forum at hotscripts as it is a very well-visited site for people seeking scripts.

sifirforum.com

Quote from: Tau Online on April 14, 2005, 12:53:29 PM
I'd be more than happy to help out as well, I did it with Firefox- and would definately do it for SMF.

me too  (+ 1)
SIFIR proudly hosted by servega

Trekkie101

http://www.hotscripts.com/review/46950.html

Anyone else?

Are there any other places we can vote for SMF, just this whole topic was pretty good and then it just sort of died down.

HoTmetal

I see the SMF team has added hotscript.com ratings on the site here... Good job team.

Isaac

Any more word on this promotion website/ team?  I just read the topic, and think a SMF Promotion Team/ Website would be a GREAT idea, and I would love to help in any way possible. :)

HoTmetal

Quote from: ¡§@@© on September 05, 2005, 10:14:42 PM
Any more word on this promotion website/ team?  I just read the topic, and think a SMF Promotion Team/ Website would be a GREAT idea, and I would love to help in any way possible. :)
I haven't herd yet either. I'd like to take a crack at it. As I stated here awhile back, I think anytime someone mentions Free/open source software/forums/mesage boards or even blogs, that SMF should get their name in.....
The SMf team has come along way though.... They do have the hotscripts on here, and they have added some other things making D/Ling SMF more entising to new users. I think with a little more work & more static way of viewing themes (much like they have for the mods) I think SMf should become the #1 forum software. I feel a press room would also help contibute to this movment....

CKnetworX

If this "promotional" concept, ever becomes a reality, I would very much like to be a part of it.

Currently, i have personally helped over 25 people convert their phpBB boards over to smf :)

Also, in the near future, i will be adding another plan into my FREE webhosting plans, for instance....
i have various scripts that i host, phpBB,BBace,myBB,smf,,,etc..... If someone were to opt for our....let's say.....FREE "SMF" plan, they would recieve more space,BW.....etc, than my other "free" plans. I guess you could say that they would be inticed to use smf.

Crazy i am, you say! Why would i do that, you ask? ;)
Because i truely believe that smf, will take our communities to the next level.
And i'm behind you guys all the way!

good day.....
FREE Domains [nofollow] FREE Webhosting [nofollow]

Isaac

I'm going to go ahead and make a small website/ forum dedicated to promoting SMF.  If you're interested in helping, please let me know.

dtm.exe

Quote from: ¡§@@© on September 05, 2005, 11:51:59 PM
I'm going to go ahead and make a small website/ forum dedicated to promoting SMF.  If you're interested in helping, please let me know.

Count me in :).  I'll give you my contact details if you PM me.

Trekkie101

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 06, 2005, 12:40:33 AM

Then Ill tag along too if you dont mind :)

JayBachatero

Quote from: Trekkie101 on September 06, 2005, 10:55:01 AM

Count me in.  If anything contact me through aim, yahoo, or msn
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

redone

Quote from: LiL_J on September 06, 2005, 03:03:37 PM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on September 06, 2005, 10:55:01 AM

Count me in.  If anything contact me through aim, yahoo, or msn

Count me in also. I would not mind helping in some way.

;)

Isaac

I talked to Dan last night on MSN; we got some major things accomplished.  I'll send Trekkie, redone, and Lil_J messages via IM.  :)

dtm.exe

I'll have hosting and a domain ready by tonight :).

JayBachatero

Isaac im on aim, yahoo n msn at the moment if nething hit me up.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

dtm.exe

Quote from: LiL_J on September 06, 2005, 04:02:08 PM
Isaac im on aim, yahoo n msn at the moment if nething hit me up.

He's AFK ATM.  Hit me up on MSN.  Just PMed you my name.

HoTmetal

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 06, 2005, 03:57:42 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of organizing things & handing them over to the SMF team to add to this site here. I'm in either way though...(As long as we have SMF's blessing)

What time do you guys meet online to chat?? I"m on the west coast & I don't get home until late....

let me know [email protected] (MSN) or [email protected] (on google talk, let me know if you need a gmail account....)

Isaac

Quote from: rickc on September 06, 2005, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 06, 2005, 03:57:42 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of organizing things & handing them over to the SMF team to add to this site here. I'm in either way though...(As long as we have SMF's blessing)

What time do you guys meet online to chat?? I"m on the west coast & I don't get home until late....

let me know [email protected] (MSN) or [email protected] (on google talk, let me know if you need a gmail account....)
We had a chat session earlier today.  I added you on MSN just now, so I'll fill you in.

Trekkie101

Same again tonight? (well night time for me :P)

Rickc I think you are online then anyway (I think)

Advertisement: