News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Post History

Started by niko, May 23, 2009, 01:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Does this mod track the individual changes within a post (like a wiki), or does it just store complete copies of each individual edited version of a post?

Col

Quote from: Col on December 09, 2012, 01:47:09 PM
Does this mod track the individual changes within a post (like a wiki), or does it just store complete copies of each individual edited version of a post?

Anyone?

Thanks.

niko

Complete copy of each version is stored
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Kolya

Quote from: Col on December 09, 2012, 01:47:09 PM
Wikis also save complete versions of  articles and then can show the changes when comparing 2 versions.
Exactly like this mod does.

Eclipse16V

Doesn´t work with the Broken Link List Mod.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadEdit() (previously declared in /xxx/Sources/PostHistory.php:221) in /xxx/Sources/BrokenLinksList.php on line 416

:(

Can you help me?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

A very good mod. The one I was looking for to improve forum post moderation.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: Eclipse16V on January 02, 2013, 03:45:06 AM
Doesn´t work with the Broken Link List Mod.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadEdit() (previously declared in /xxx/Sources/PostHistory.php:221) in /xxx/Sources/BrokenLinksList.php on line 416

:(

Can you help me?
Error fixed.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

SD-X

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if it's working fine with SMF 2.0.4, without emulation? I noticed it had to be updated for both 2.0.1 and 2.0.2, hence why I ask.

TheListener

Looking at the mods parser all the edits which are there show so there is no reason as to why the mod won't work.

SD-X

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 11, 2013, 07:47:21 PM
Looking at the mods parser all the edits which are there show so there is no reason as to why the mod won't work.
Thank you. :)

Edit: The "features" image for the button on the forums is missing from the mod completely, and isn't on the GitHub either. It's trying to display a broken image as a result. Does anyone have it?

It's supposed to upload as "<SMF Forum Root>/Themes/default/images/admin/feature_posthistory.png"

Edit #2: Since the image seems to be completely non-existent, I made my own. Feel free to use it until an official one is released, (assuming one ever is).

Just place it in the directory mentioned in my first edit of this post. Feel free to edit it as you please, too.

DSystem

Great MOD tested and worked in the SMF 2.0.6 :)

Regret not found this mod before.   :(

DEEPSNUYB

Hello.  I have manually installed this.  What else do I need to do to get it working specifically for 2.0.7?

It states
post_history/Database.php
This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually.

What queries?

post_history/Subs-Install.php
This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually.

What queries?

post_history/install.php
I ran this.  So I assume the install.php needs to be deleted.  But is this the only file that needs to be deleted?

sangham.net

Not sure if I am able to install this wonderful seeming tool for now. How ever, first of all a little thanks:

I have add a German-Language file and the new info package-info.xml which (i guess) will execute the installation. So the language file (if I understand the way right) should be add in the zip file and the package-info.xml should be replaced, if german language is wished.

Please wait for an approve of it if you are not much into this stuff, I am not 100% sure if I did it right.

<modification format="xml" type="file">language/german-utf8.xml</modification>

Thanks for the mode anyway!

Johann

DEEPSNUYB

Ok, besides removing all the codes manually and deleting the posthistory directory, what else do i need to manually do in mysql to remove all traces of this mod?

sangham.net

Installed and seems to work smooth. Thanks a lot!

I have attached an "NONOFFICIAL " "German uft-8 included Pack" in the case you like to risk it. But better wait on the mod-master or a Professional.

_()_
Johann

("incl German-beta of PostHistory-1.0.3.zip" not-blue part of the file name needs to be removed)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: DEEPSNUYB on March 15, 2014, 04:52:59 AM
Hello.  I have manually installed this.  What else do I need to do to get it working specifically for 2.0.7?

It states
post_history/Database.php

What queries?

post_history/Subs-Install.php

What queries?

post_history/install.php
I ran this.  So I assume the install.php needs to be deleted.  But is this the only file that needs to be deleted?
Nobody answered you probably because it's really easy to install..
Install it from the package manager and it will work immediately as soon as you set proper permissions. It will automatically add them to the permissions list.
And thanks to the author for this awesome mod. Thanks to margarett as well for linking me here because i was unable to find it (was looking for something like "undo admin edit" and those things)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

aegersz

Is there any way to remove all the previous edits from the database in order to preserve space on old posts ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kolya

No. I use a cron job to delete old entries.

aegersz

Can you post the logic of your cron job here, please.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kolya

Here you go.

Code (php) Select
<?php
// Connection details
$db['host'] = 'localhost';
$db['user'] = 'xxx';
$db['pass'] = 'xxx';
$db['db'] = 'xxx';

$lastYear time() - (365 24 60 60);

// MySQL we need ya..
$link mysqli_connect($db['host'], $db['user'], $db['pass']);
if (!
$link) die('Could not connect: ' mysqli_error($link));
//Select database
mysqli_select_db($link$db['db']);   

//Delete Message History older than a year   
$query "DELETE FROM smf_messages_history WHERE modified_time < ".$lastYear;
mysqli_query($link$query);

// Close database connection
mysqli_close($link);
?>

I call this PHP file once a month via cron job. I wouldn't do it too often because performance.
You may have a different database prefix, but most likely it's the same standard "smf_" as above.

Advertisement: