Get To Know The Team: B

Started by B, March 16, 2009, 10:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

Name: Brannon
Quote: Right now, I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before. (Steven Wright)
Position: Customizer

• Do you have pets? Not at the moment, no.
  • What is your favorite color? Green
  • What kind of music do you like? I like many different genre, though I'm not very fond of rap or R&B.
  • What do you do with your free time besides spending time on SMF? I read, program, design web sites, play video games, and various other activities.
  • What are your goals/dreams in life? I think owning my own software/technology business would be pretty cool. Other than that, I'll be happy wherever I am, as long as I'm coding. :)
  • What got you involved in SMF? My interest in Perl led me to YaBB, which I installed, ran, and modified a bit. I then started working with PHP and found (and switched to) YaBB SE. As soon as SMF was released, I installed it.
  • Who do you admire? Why? I admire my dad. Without a college degree he has managed to found and run a successful contract manufacturing company.
  • Are you into sports? If so which ones? Yes. I like watching (American) football, basketball, and baseball. I like playing (American) football and basketball.
  • What is your dream job? Google, anyone? haha! As stated earlier, I'm happy anywhere I'm coding. :)
  • What was your first screenname? littleprince (I was young, and it was the name of my pet parakeet. lol)
  • Do you have any piercings? I do not.
  • Are you a lefty/righty or ambidextrous? Righty
  • Do you have any tattoo's? If not do you wish/plan to get one? No and no
  • Do you have any siblings? If so, how many of each? Yep! I have two sisters and one brother.
  • What is your favorite website? Oooo...that's a tough one. I don't know that I can narrow it down to one. SMF.org is definitely on the list. I like the way it uses the software to hold content. Other than that, I'm probably on Facebook the most.
  • Do you play computer games?  If so, which ones? Not really. I do play web-base games, though, like Kingdom of Loathing, Ikariam, and Gladiatus.
  • Do you play video game consoles?  Which ones? Yep! I have a Wii and an XBox 360. I mostly play sports games, though I also play some first-person shooters and Fable II on the 360.
  • Are you married or planing to get married? Not married, yet. I do plan on getting married...eventually. :)

• If so do you have any kids? Nope
    • How many kids? None
  • How many languages do you speak? If so which ones? Other than programming languages, I only speak English.
  • Do you drink? No
  • Do you smoke? No
  • Did you play hookey from class? Every once in awhile, I'll skip a class. O:)
  • Do you have a license? Yes, I do.

• Do you own a car? I own three, though my parents have taken over payments on two of them. lol The one that I drive is a 2009 Mazda RX-8 GT. I love it! :D
    • Have you ever been stopped for speeding? Nope, I've managed 8.5 years without one.
  • Do you obtain a good amount of sleep daily? I suppose so.
  • How do you sleep? I sleep on my side (usually, right), slightly curled.
  • Have you ever been on an airplane? Many times
  • Have you ever broken a bone? Nope, the worst I've done is sprain my ankle. haha
  • Do you wear jewelry? If so what jewelry do you wear? Nope, I don't.
  • How do you dress? I can usually be found in a pair of jeans and a pullover fleece.
  • How many keys are on your keyring? 5, I think. They're upstairs.
  • What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up? Bed time is usually somewhere between 11:00 pm and 3:00 am. I usually wake up sometime between 5:30 am and 11:00 am. It varies.
  • What's the freakiest thing you have done? I don't think I've done anything freaky. lol I did that bungee swing thing at Six Flags, one time. I'd like to go sky diving, eventually.
  • Do you live alone? No
  • How many hours a day do you spend on the computer? I would say somewhere between 8 and 12.
  • How many hours a day do you spend on SMF? 3-4ish
  • What is your favorite beverage - coffee, tea, soda, beer, other? Mountain Dew, most definitely!
  • What do you hate? I hate arrogance, stubbornness, IT issues, forwards, and prolly a few other things. :)
  • What do you love? I love feeling I get when code I've written does what I want it to do. :D
  • What is your religion? If a name is necessary, it's Apostolic Pentecostal. Though, "religion" has connotations of tradition and ritual for me, whereas I'm much more interested in relationship. :)
  • What is your hair color? Dirty Blond
  • How tall are you? 5 feet, 10 inches
  • How much do you weigh? 185 lbs.
  • What's the feature on SMF you can't live without?

• As an administrator? Permissions! They're amazing! haha
    • As an end user? Quote - I love quote.

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

shadow82x

QuoteWhat is your favorite color? Green
Not gold? :P

QuoteDo you play video game consoles?  Which ones? Yep! I have a Wii and an XBox 360. I mostly play sports games, though I also play some first-person shooters and Fable II on the 360.
What FPS do you play?

QuoteDo you obtain a good amount of sleep daily? I suppose so.
Lucky  :P ::)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

B

Quote from: Shadow82x on March 17, 2009, 05:11:19 PM

haha! Nope, green, as a matter of fact. O:) I'm still rather fond of my badge, though. :D

What FPS do you play?

Let's see. I have Bad Company: Battlefield, Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Mass Effect, and Halo 3.

Lucky  :P ::)

Depends on your definition of "good." lol

B

Jade Elizabeth

OMG OMG OMG I LOVE MOUNTAIN DEW TOO!! AND SO DOES JACK!! I demand a Dew Party for all Documentation Writers!!!! We'll serve Whoppers and other chocolate candies :P

QuoteHow many hours a day do you spend on the computer? I would say somewhere between 8 and 12

THAT makes me feel SO much better LOL

QuoteWhat is your favorite color? Green

Don't try that :P
He LOVES the golden life :P
Don't be so jealous!!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

B

Quote from: Jade on March 21, 2009, 06:10:28 PM
OMG OMG OMG I LOVE MOUNTAIN DEW TOO!! AND SO DOES JACK!! I demand a Dew Party for all Documentation Writers!!!! We'll serve Whoppers and other chocolate candies :P

Sounds good to me. Just let me know when. haha!

Quote from: Jade on March 21, 2009, 06:10:28 PM
QuoteHow many hours a day do you spend on the computer? I would say somewhere between 8 and 12

THAT makes me feel SO much better LOL

lol I'm a software developer, so I'm pretty much sitting at a computer all day. :)

B

Jade Elizabeth

Shush B, you're supposed to say something encouraging like "yeah, computers grow brain cells" or something :P

And when ever you think you can host it LOL :P
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

B

lol Alright. Don't hold your breath. ;) j/k

B

Jade Elizabeth

Joshua Dickerson

What was your first forum's theme?
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

B

Hmmm.... my very first forum? It was a YaBB board that I customized myself. I didn't do anything fancy - just messed with the CSS. :)

As for my first SMF install, it was probably the default theme. I can't remember for sure. I've always been pretty happy with SMF's default themes. :) So far, Core has been my favorite, but Curve looks amazing.

B

Joshua Dickerson

Not the theme as in a customization, but in the topic of discussion.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Jade Elizabeth

Lol you mean the niche then :D.

B

Ahhh...sorry. :) It didn't really have a theme. It was kind of a general discussion area. Eventually, it became a poetry forum.

B

B

Oh, fyi for anyone that cares... I've switched to the Customize Team. ;) Late, I know. I always forget about this topic.

B

Acans

Its only been 4 months and 3 days since the switch, but hey, who's counting :P
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

B

Advertisement: