Started by Mraza, January 21, 2009, 07:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mraza

i am getting these 2 errors in my error log always:

8: Undefined index: quick_mod_go
/home/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code

8: Undefined index: character_set
/home/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code

i am using other 2 languages with english and nothing is in utf8. any help please
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

agridoc

Seems like you have missing strings in language files. Language File Compare mod could be useful.

Which are the other two languages? There might be incompatibilities if not UTF-8 and there are a few tricks to overcome them.

For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Mraza

Quote from: agridoc on January 21, 2009, 08:01:25 PM

Which are the other two languages? There might be incompatibilities if not UTF-8 and there are a few tricks to overcome them.

thanks...i am using greek and french with english. and they are not in utf-8.
Signature:

agridoc

English and French use ISO-8859-1 codepage but Greek uses windows-1253.

With this setup, if Greek language is selected all messages will display correctly. If English or French language is selected, messages in Greek will not display correctly, if they are written with Greek (windows-1253) interface. Messages in Greek that are written with English or French interface will display always correctly but they are stored as entities.

There is a cheat you can do, described in Multilingual in SMF 1.1RC2 without UTF for Greek and other languages?.

This a good solution only if you have most messages in Greek. It can be also used with several ISO-8859-1 languages and one only language with different codepage.

If you plan to add more not ISO-8859-1 languages, you should switch before to UTF-8.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

Mraza

thanks for reply

i just checked the link that you gave me http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19572.15 and i found this code :

All in Sources/Post.php:

Look for:
$form_subject = preg_replace('~&#(\d{4,5}|[3-9]\d{2,4}|2[6-9]\d);~', '&#$1;', $form_subject);

Replace:
$form_subject = preg_replace('~&#(\d{1,5});~', '&#$1;', $form_subject);

$_POST['subject'] = preg_replace('~&#(\d{4,5}|[3-9]\d{2,4}|2[6-9]\d);~', '&#$1;', $_POST['subject']);

Replace:
$_POST['subject'] = preg_replace('~&#(\d{1,5});~', '&#$1;', $_POST['subject']);

$quote_mozilla = strtr(preg_replace('~&#(\d{4,5}|[3-9]\d{2,4}|2[6-9]\d);~', '&#$1;', htmlspecialchars($quote)), array('"' => '"'));

$quote_mozilla = strtr(preg_replace('~&#(\d{1,5});~', '&#$1;', htmlspecialchars($quote)), array('"' => '"'));

And in Subs-Post.php:

$message = preg_replace('~&#(\d{4,5}|[3-9]\d{2,4}|2[6-9]\d);~', '&#$1;', $message);

$message = preg_replace('~&#(\d{1,5});~', '&#$1;', $message);

by unknown. is this i have to do... and one thing if i choose the english language and i see any post in greek... it is showing me everything ok..do i need to put this code?

and with your first link installed some language file compare mod.. and it shows me many files and strings missing.. if i will make changings to the files that i saw in language file compare do i need to put this code?
Signature:

agridoc

No there is no need for file editing in 1.1x versions of SMF.

Quote from: agridoc on July 18, 2006, 05:56:20 PM
It's an old topic but I should write what happens.

SMF RC1 and RC2 don' t need a patch to work this way in a Unix or Linux server.

Not so sure for Windows server, neither [Unknown]' s patch for 1.0x worked in my PC with XAMPP.

Mraza

Quote from: agridoc on January 22, 2009, 08:29:33 AM
No there is no need for file editing in 1.1x versions of SMF.

so you mean to say i don't need to put that code..ok.. but what about the langaue file compare mod.. i think i need to do these changings what its telling me here that some files and strings are missing ..tell me if i am wrong...thanks
Signature:

greyknight17

You can try installing that language file compare mod to see if it finds anything.

Go into phpMyAdmin and click on your database. Then click on the SQL tab and copy paste the following code and run it:

INSERT INTO smf_settings VALUES ('disableTemplateEval', 1);

Use the forum a little and try to regenerate new errors. If any are found, post the new ones here. Then run this query to undo the change we made earlier:

DELETE FROM smf_settings WHERE variable = 'disableTemplateEval';

Advertisement: