News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox, Chat

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busterone

Quote from: HR on March 13, 2009, 08:30:08 AM
Now for the BIG question.. upgradeable? Or will it require a complete removal/reinstallation?

Incidentally install using Beta4 was flawless.. including additional theme intigration from package manager.. one error however:

index.php:

// Track forum statistics and hits...?
if (!empty($modSettings['hitStats']) && $_REQUEST['action'] != 'shoutbox')
trackStats(array('hits' => '+'));
}


Undefined index: action line 250

How about:

// Track forum statistics and hits...?
if (!empty($modSettings['hitStats']) && (!isset($_REQUEST['shoutbox'])))
trackStats(array('hits' => '+'));
}

I am having the same issue- the above solution crashes my whole forum. If I use the original modification code- I get an error in my error log for every single user, whether guest or logged.
However, using your second option-

// Track forum statistics and hits...?
if (!empty($modSettings['hitStats']) && (!isset($_REQUEST['shoutbox'])))
trackStats(array('hits' => '+'));
}
will cause a template parse arror, and my forum is inaccessible. Does anyone have a solution for this. I love the modification, but cannot deal with 200 error pages per day.

Electro-X-

I'm using 2.0RC1 and babylon theme. Why the shoutbox didnt appear after I installed it? Is there anything I missed?
My New site - consolexp.com

makito


// Track forum statistics and hits...?
if (!empty($modSettings['hitStats']) && $_REQUEST['action'] != 'shoutbox')
trackStats(array('hits' => '+'));
}


Solution: http://en.hackspark.com/index.php?issue=6.0
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

busterone


Electro-X-

Quote from: Electro-X- on May 18, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
I'm using 2.0RC1 and babylon theme. Why the shoutbox didnt appear after I installed it? Is there anything I missed?

Any clue for my problem?
My New site - consolexp.com

makito

Quote from: Electro-X- on May 18, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
I'm using 2.0RC1 and babylon theme. Why the shoutbox didnt appear after I installed it? Is there anything I missed?

Use a package parser. You must edit $templatedir/index.template.php.

You can always see if shoutbox is working at $boardurl/index.php?action=shoutbox
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

Maggie302

How can I remove the sound?  I have the sound icon but I am unable to disable, is there simply a .wav file I can remove??

Thanks, in advance!

AM Woody3

OK..I have a few questions on how to tweak the shoutbox a little bit.

1. For some reason I can't get the shoutbox to appear on every page.  In the Pages where Shoutbox will be printed box I have boardindex, collapsecategory, help, search, admin, profile, pm, calendar, and mlist.  For some reason, I no longer have the shoutbox admin section anymore.  I don't know what happened there.  It's not showing on any of those pages.  Also, I want it to show when I am viewing a post.

2.  I'm not a big fan of how the username and date is set up on there.  Right now it has the name, then the day, month, and time.  I'd like it to go month day time and then username.

3.  How would I go about adding new smileys to the shoutbox?

Any help would be appreciated.

keltron

#468
1. Just installed 2.0. Sound doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the disabled icon, and can't find anything in the admin to fix this.

2. Smilies don't work in pop box.

I have searched all over this thread and at the Mod site but can find no solution.

How do I fix these things? Thanks in advance for any help.

TDNY

#469
Thanks for the Mod 8)
  I have your shoutbox version 2.0 on my 1.1.9 default core, I cant find a fix for the sound. Thanks for the help.
TDNY

P.S. Clicking on my sites banner from any page takes you back to the Board Index. When you do that, all the shouts disappear. The only way to get the shouts back is by hitting the Home button. If you hit the home button from any page the shouts do not disappear why is that? I would like to see the shouts if you click the banner to go to the BoardIndex.
Thanks for all the help

rubelNB

How can I move the shoutbox from the top of the page to just above the info center?

I am using th default theme currently.

Thanks

Joe N

Great Mod.

Is there any chance you can add images to it. With [img]URL HERE[/img]?

Joe
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."



My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!


JCS

Quote from: Maggie302 on May 26, 2009, 08:15:30 AM
How can I remove the sound?  I have the sound icon but I am unable to disable, is there simply a .wav file I can remove??

Thanks, in advance!

you can delete the "shoutbox.mp3" file placed on your theme folder

Quote from: AM Woody3 on May 26, 2009, 10:10:06 AM
OK..I have a few questions on how to tweak the shoutbox a little bit.

1. For some reason I can't get the shoutbox to appear on every page.  In the Pages where Shoutbox will be printed box I have boardindex, collapsecategory, help, search, admin, profile, pm, calendar, and mlist.  For some reason, I no longer have the shoutbox admin section anymore.  I don't know what happened there.  It's not showing on any of those pages.  Also, I want it to show when I am viewing a post.

2.  I'm not a big fan of how the username and date is set up on there.  Right now it has the name, then the day, month, and time.  I'd like it to go month day time and then username.

3.  How would I go about adding new smileys to the shoutbox?

Any help would be appreciated.

1. in the shoutbox administration panel, "Pages where shoutbox will be printed" add

forum
messageindex
display


2. you can edit the shoutbox.template.php file

3. the smileys are not the same as the default forum ones???

Quote from: keltron on May 27, 2009, 12:46:28 PM
1. Just installed 2.0. Sound doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the disabled icon, and can't find anything in the admin to fix this.

2. Smilies don't work in pop box.

I have searched all over this thread and at the Mod site but can find no solution.

How do I fix these things? Thanks in advance for any help.

all the files are in their propper folder??, sometime happens that people miss something while installing on custom templates

Quote from: TDNY on May 27, 2009, 08:35:14 PM
Thanks for the Mod 8)
  I have your shoutbox version 2.0 on my 1.1.9 default core, I cant find a fix for the sound. Thanks for the help.
TDNY

P.S. Clicking on my sites banner from any page takes you back to the Board Index. When you do that, all the shouts disappear. The only way to get the shouts back is by hitting the Home button. If you hit the home button from any page the shouts do not disappear why is that? I would like to see the shouts if you click the banner to go to the BoardIndex.
Thanks for all the help


thanks for the notification, maybe this is a bug, so its gonna be studied to find a solution

Quote from: rubelNB on May 29, 2009, 12:28:30 PM
How can I move the shoutbox from the top of the page to just above the info center?

I am using th default theme currently.

Thanks

do you have any knowledge about html???, you just need to place this code where you wanna print the shoutbox

// Hack's Park Shoutbox -->
call_user_func(Shoutbox_Load(smf_main()));
// <-- Hack's Park Shoutbox


Quote from: Joe N on May 30, 2009, 07:52:20 AM
Great Mod.

Is there any chance you can add images to it. With [img]URL HERE[/img]?

Joe

that function was asked before, but this version does not support that functions, since this is a shoutbox and not a chat sistem.

the idea is to keep it simple, theres a possibility to do that, but it must be coded
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Joe N

Quote from: JCS on May 30, 2009, 10:54:10 AM
that function was asked before, but this version does not support that functions, since this is a shoutbox and not a chat sistem.

the idea is to keep it simple, theres a possibility to do that, but it must be coded

Oh ok!
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."



My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!


TDNY

I figured out the sound!! Three things you need to know.

1. You only hear sound when someone else posts a shout.

2.The shoutbox Mp3 or .wav file was in my default folder like it should but it was chmod to 644, I changed chmod to 755 and that was it.

2. What you need to know about the sound button:

   Notice the sound button has a red circle with a line thru it? That means if you select it (click on it so it turns blue) you are selecting no sound, so you won't hear it when someone posts a shout. If you click the sound button til it's white you will get sound when someone posts a shout.

Hope that is easy to understand for anyone having a problem.

I'm working on getting the extra smileys to work, I'm having a problem. When I click on [sample] my smileys pop up box opens but when I click on a smiley it doesn't get put in the shoutbox text enter line.

Good Luck,
TD

AM Woody3

This shoutbox uses the forum smileys.  Just add the smileys like you would to the forum and the show up in the shoutbox

ziemek8

Everything is okay, but new messages at shoutbox are not displayed right after writing it, i must reload the forum page to see it. Every one in my forum have the same problem.
What is wrong? What can be done?

TDNY

Quote from: AM Woody3 on May 31, 2009, 09:43:58 AM
This shoutbox uses the forum smileys.  Just add the smileys like you would to the forum and the show up in the shoutbox

  I know it uses the forum smileys, I have a ton of smileys on my site. some are in "post form", some are "hidden" and some are in a "pop-up box".

  In shoutbox, when you click on the smiley button, the smileys that are installed on your forum in "post form" show up and the word [sample] also shows up. I can click on any one of these smileys and it works (the smiley code is added to the text bar) 

  In shoutbox, if I scroll down the smileys to the word [sample] and click on it, my smiley pop-up box opens up with all my other smileys which are in "pop-up"mode. When I click on any of these smileys the code does not get entered like it should.

  I think it's an easy fix but I can't figure it out.

TD

shaitanfr

@ Viegas

Work with Urban Theme.

Copy files from the Shoutbox to your Urban Theme directory

In your index.template.php

Find:

}

function template_main_below()


above copy

// Hack's Park Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <--


Result:

echo '
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="bodyarea">
<div id="body-wrap">';
// Hack's Park Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <--
}

function template_main_below()





TDNY

I have default core version 1.1.9 and your HacksPark vers. 2.0

I was able to figure out the sound bug but I'm stumped here.

Can I get some help with this?

  In shoutbox, when you click on the smiley button, the smileys that are installed on your forum in "post form" show up and the word [sample] also shows up. I can click on any one of these smileys and it works (the smiley code is added to the text bar)

  In shoutbox, if I scroll down the smileys to the word [sample] and click on it, my smiley pop-up box opens up with all my other smileys which are in "pop-up"mode. When I click on any of these smileys the code does not get entered like it should.

  I think it's an easy fix but I can't figure it out.

TD

P.S. I'd also like to change the word [sample] located with the smileys to [more]

Thanks in advance for the help with these two issues.

Advertisement: