News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelo21

Quote from: SunKing on May 10, 2009, 10:50:45 PM
You've been busy, mrtrc266!  :P

Any word yet on my Error: Connection status: 0 issue? Give me some good news. ;)

EDIT:
HOLY!!!!!!!!! I have my own good news!!! I finally got it working on my test site! I figured I would start from the very beginning and work my way through each step again. When I got to the PrettyUrls Tip posted by Jiveturkey (I am adding this mod to a clean install), I decided to just give it a try anyway....which I had done previously as well. However, on this particular try, I noticed another .htaccess file and figured I'd try adding RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to this overlooked .htaccess and TADA!!! It works! Time to enjoy (finally)!!!

Im having this exact same problem , I  installed pretty url, and now my chat isnt working (you cant see whos online, etc)

can someone please help

Hardcase

Help needed  ::)

My chatroom was working well, but today for some reason the chatroom loads up but it does not show anyone in chat (users blank) the actual chat window does not show the chatbot message and even if you type in, which it appears to do it does not then appear in the chatroom once entered, any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i try through google chrome i get this error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i use firefox it seems to work ok, but i cannot confirm this as the only person online uses IE and i know that is not rendering properly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh btw for anyone in the future who gets this error \' when you enter ' this is the fix  ;)
QuoteSlashes appear before apostrophes

This bug appears to occur when PHP's magic_quotes_gpc is set to off in your server configuration.

You can fix this by changing the following line in AJAXChat.php:

if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {

to

if(true) {

I enquired about the above some pages ago, mrtrc266 tried to help but we couldnt figure it out, found the code a couple of days ago  8)

Frelo21

have you installed any recent mods?
especially the pretty url , seo mod etc?

you will have to add the command that was in the previous page that I quoted , to the .htaccess file,

My chat is now working thanks to the user who helped with that file.

Hardcase

No i havent installed any other mod recently, as i said this was working upto last night, came to use it this morning and its not rendering properly, the box is coming up but the users, messages etc are not showing.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Hardcase on June 26, 2009, 10:26:59 AM
No i havent installed any other mod recently, as i said this was working upto last night, came to use it this morning and its not rendering properly, the box is coming up but the users, messages etc are not showing.

Try setting your file permissions (CHMOD) these 2 files to 775
/chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php

Hardcase

OK, the files were originally 644, changed them to 775 and the chatbox then came up with an internal server error 500 (not in the chatbox but as i opened the chatbox) then changed them to 755 thinking perhaps you had mistyped, the chatbox comes up but then with the same as under 644, no change another words and not correct, changed back to 644 now, awaiting further instructions :)

bobbyd

Quote from: SunKing on June 26, 2009, 01:21:33 AM
That's a small problem really. It just means that the mod was installed twice. It can be fixed fairly easily.
Make a backup of your index.template.php first.
Then open index.template.php and find ', getShoutBoxContent() ,' and remove it. this will prevent chat from working but should get your site back up.

this was all loaded through and on godaddy.  I have no access to index.template.php...any suggestions?

[unplugged]

Use godaddy's file manager. Or use your favorite ftp program. I will be home in about 5 hours. I can walk you through it then.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: Hardcase on June 26, 2009, 10:47:20 AM
OK, the files were originally 644, changed them to 775 and the chatbox then came up with an internal server error 500 (not in the chatbox but as i opened the chatbox) then changed them to 755 thinking perhaps you had mistyped, the chatbox comes up but then with the same as under 644, no change another words and not correct, changed back to 644 now, awaiting further instructions :)

LOL Yeah I mistyped they should both be 755, if that doen't work I'll have to take a look when I get home. Off to work for now.

wladymeer

Is there any way you can disable "chat" link on the top menu for guests? In other words, is there any way to make that link visible to members only? Or, is there any way to require username & password match to SMF username base for logging into chat or something like that?

Main idea is to prevent guests from logging in so anything will do ;)

Also, I have joomla for my main page - is there some way to show that "X user is in chat.:" link there?

I apologize if those questions were asked already but I've searched topic and couldn't find it.

Supermobilegame

Same question wladymeer :)
This mods run smoothly in smf 1.1.9 but can someone tell me where the chat setting / admin setting? cause since i don't want guest can use this chat systems.

Road Rash Jr.

I tried installing this Ajaxchat. It installed without errors but when I clicked on chat button it crashed. Window opens and says it's not accessable. Doesn't even create a CHAT folder like the docs say. :(
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

TreadLight

For some reason, nothing shows up when I try and use this chat feature. It is completely blank (all white) even if I send a message [with smileys]. Can you please tell me what to do?

Look at this picture: hxxp:venthemiux.webs.com/Flash%20Compendium/ajax%20problem.png [nonactive]
You can also view it via the forum, itself: hxxp:venthemiux.netau.net/SMF/index.php [nonactive]

Thanks in advance.

Chaos Dragon

TreadLight

Make sure both index.php are chmod 777 or 755 which ever the case may be for you.

./chat/index.php chmod 777 or 755
./shoutbox/index.php chmod 777 or 755

Hope this helps.
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

TheListener

Since making a few changes to chat ie changing window so previous chats could not be viewed we are now unable to chat again. How do I rectify this?

TreadLight

Chef-Polo, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by this. >_<"

TheListener

Quote from: Chef-Polo on June 26, 2009, 06:56:26 PM
TreadLight

Make sure both index.php are chmod 777 or 755 which ever the case may be for you.

./chat/index.php chmod 777 or 755
./shoutbox/index.php chmod 777 or 755

Hope this helps.

These are done via ftpto your permission settings.

TreadLight

So.. Umm... Can you guide me on how to do such a thing? All I want is to be able to use the chat.

TheListener

Quote from: TreadLight on June 26, 2009, 07:11:09 PM
So.. Umm... Can you guide me on how to do such a thing? All I want is to be able to use the chat.

All I can suggest is you leave a message in topic for mrtrc266 or Sunking regarding the problem.

TreadLight

... I still have no idea what you are talking about. >_<

Advertisement: