News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

file to edit the default message icons

Started by Zalvador, August 07, 2008, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zalvador

SMFv2 beta 3.1
Custom theme.
Author Myself

Which Files do you need to edit the default message icons

I want to change the text and images. I know where to insert the images in the Theme/sage/images/post folder. But as of yet I have not located the files to edit.

In a search of the forum similar question was asked in SMF 1.x Support But was solved in SMF 1.x Support before I could ask. As I have SMFv2 beta 3.1 the solution does not answer the question I have. So I re-posted in the SMF 2.x Support section. I hope this is correct practice.

The link for the SMF 1.x Support
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=253866.0

Thank you in advance for any help I may receive.

Zal

bros

Replace on.gif (new posts), on2.gif (new posts on child board), off.gif (no new posts), new_some.gif (Make a copy of on.gif name it this), new_none (same as what I said, but with off.gif)

Zalvador

bros thanks for your attention on this subject.

The icons or images you are talking about our Posts

I am looking for the Message Icons

Below is a attachment so you can see just which ones I am looking for. I know that the images them selves are in the Theme/sage/images/post folder. I want the files to edit.

Again thank you for replying.

Zalvador

I have my own custom icons that I want to use. Like a cup of coffee or an easel.

I need to edit a file to create the text I want like the word easel for the icon [/b]easel[/b]

Bulakbol

You have to enable (tick) "Enable customized message icons" first by going to Admin => Smileys and Message Icons=> Settings. An "Edit Message Icons" button will appear. You can now [Add new icon] or modify existing icon.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Zalvador

Nice. Thank you very much. Just tried it. Very Nice!. Worked like a charm,

Thank you JohnyB and  bros for the help.

Advertisement: