News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Super Admin

Started by Bulakbol, August 04, 2008, 06:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Sabre™

Hi Bear.
I've actually moved on to other software, just to further my knowledge in ... other methods.
SMF being my first ever venture, I thought I'd branch out and befriend other communities/knowledge.
I have not totally left SMF, the software ROCKS too much, but since learning other methods, my limited time is focussed elsewhere.
I'm sure somebody will update the mod sometime, with new fantastic code and ideas.
But I suspect it wont be until all of the new n old bugs are gone from the RC.
Well, that's how it should be anyway.

Cheers :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

YogiBear

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I always like playing with sword and sabre. But this Sabre™ is quite unique. Hope to see you helping here around whenever you are free or feel like it.  ;D Best of luck in your new endeavor.

SRich

Hello,

I have tested it on a newly installed forum and the spy mode and hide package works, but the admin with nr 1 can be edited and banned by other admins. Can you help me ?

thnx

SR

YogiBear

Welcome to SMF.  :)

This prob has been identified before. The 'solution' is either to have only one admin with full powers or wait until 2.0 final is released when Sabre may update the mod once and for all.

Meanwhile, you could try RC2 Emulation so as to install the mod.

I'll be the thousanth person to say this but do you really need anyone other than yourself with full admin powers?

Arantor

And really, if you can't trust them with full admin powers, why are you giving them such powers?

RustyBarnacle

While I don't think I'll be giving anyone admin powers anytime soon, that's because I can often take what's given here and figure things out. Some people here that needed help got burned when they gave someone admin access to help them.

And then there's always the occasional hacker that gets in as admin. Sure there's always backups, if the new guy took any.  This was always one of my favorite mods to put on other peoples boards to give them a measure of confidence when I was doing that. 

Arantor

The only time I've ever seen a hacker gain admin privileges is on badly configured shared hosting where there were other things able to access the database inappropriately.

marieu

Hi.

I get to make this mod work on SMF 2.0 RC4, but I can't make appear in the account settings the option to enable or disable.

Only works with the entire admin group would be able to individually edit the profile.

Does anyone know what takes to show this?

Thanks very much.

YogiBear

I can't remember exactly but configuration was done somewhere in the Features and Options in the Admin section as the mod works only for the member with ID-1 ie. the forum owner.

There is also (somewhere in the admin area) the facility to hide it from other admins.

marieu

Quote from: YogiBear on March 29, 2011, 03:50:02 PM
I can't remember exactly but configuration was done somewhere in the Features and Options in the Admin section as the mod works only for the member with ID-1 ie. the forum owner.

There is also (somewhere in the admin area) the facility to hide it from other admins.

This I know is working, but the original mod can change in profile like hidden member the option spy profile like this "Do you want this member to be a spy?", now working but just for all admin group, if I have 3 admins, all 3 are spy members and I want to choose the profile.

But it's ok, thanks anyway.

Calcricho

Any update?

Thanks in advance

I don't think so...

Mr. Pirate

Can someone update this for SMF 2.0 please and thanks!

Branko.

ZuperAdminRC1, try parse and install manually.Good luck!!
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Quote from: Mr. Pirate on September 08, 2011, 11:43:14 PM
Can someone update this for SMF 2.0 please and thanks!
This untested and unapproved version of Zuper Admin (version 1.7) for SMF 2.0.

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

Advertisement: