News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic View Log

Started by vbgamer45, July 25, 2008, 02:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Kimmie:

As I said earlier in this topic, TopicLog 1.0 has bugs (I listed above). Version 1.1, which is SMF 2.0 only, does record topic view counts with 100% accuracy. I don't think I'll be coding an update for SMF 1.x version, sorry.

bros:

Did you install the mod manually?

Extract the package, copy the install.php file and upload it to your forum root directory. (where SSI.php is) Then call the file from your browser, like this: http://www.yoursite.com/install.php Then make sure you remove the file.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Kimmie

Quote from: Blue Dream on December 28, 2008, 03:57:55 AM
Kimmie:

As I said earlier in this topic, TopicLog 1.0 has bugs (I listed above). Version 1.1, which is SMF 2.0 only, does record topic view counts with 100% accuracy. I don't think I'll be coding an update for SMF 1.x version, sorry.

Well, can you atleast tell me what changes I need to make so that mine works correctly? I wont be using 2.0 any time soon and its not really fair to those of us who choose not to upgrade until 2.0 becomes stable and there is a final release. I have been asking for this issue to be fixed for quite a while now - I believe my initial report of the issue was even before you stated you were no longer going to support it.

(its also a good thing I double checked because just by looking at the name of the latest release (1.1), one would assume that it is compatible with all 1.x versions of SMF because mod most creators title their 2.0 releases "NameOfMod2.0")

[SiNaN]

Well, if only I had time... Though I'll try it for you, or at least will give provide some fixes soon.

uberjon

brilliant feature! going to install in a minute! :D

this will work great for forums who have applications to be approved etc.. so you "know" they read the rules instead of just saying "yeah i agree to obey the rules"

finding some useful things on SMF to further get my test boards ready to ditch VB

bros

Quote from: Blue Dream on December 28, 2008, 03:57:55 AM
Kimmie:

bros:

Did you install the mod manually?

Extract the package, copy the install.php file and upload it to your forum root directory. (where SSI.php is) Then call the file from your browser, like this: http://www.yoursite.com/install.php Then make sure you remove the file.

Installed it via package manager. Everything was successful

edit - Installed it via package manager then uploaded the install.php to the root directory of the forum. Ran install.php and it appears to be working

bros

Question - Any way to make it display all of the times the user viewed the topic (Maybe an arrow you click and it shows all of the times they viewed it?) along with the IP(s) they used?

Rasyr

I am also having the same logging problems, because I am not using SMF 2.0 (I have and need to have TinyPortal installed - so cannot do any sort of upgrade to SMF 2.0 until its final version is out).

Any help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated. I really like this mod, but I need it to work correctly if I am going to be able to use it at all.

Also -- it might be a good idea to note on the download page there there ARE known bugs/problems in the version for SMF 1.1.7, so that  folks know about the problems before installing (I just installed it 3 days ago).

[SiNaN]

bros:

Currently no. It will require a different entry for each log then. I may consider this for the future versions.

Rasyr:

Thanks for the feedback. I don't really have time to work on it now. I've removed SMF 1.x compatibility until I get it fixed.

edi67

Excellent, work perfectly in my sfm 2.0 Beta 4 thx ;)
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Bancherd

Yeah...installed and working on my test smf2 forum without any problem.   Another great mod! :D

bros

Daggers

Can this be made available for 2 RC1 PLLEEEAASSEEE :D

[SiNaN]

Sudhakar Arjunan

Tried Installing over,

1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed

Find [Select]

// Special case for the custom one.

Replace [Select]

// Perhaps he will want to see the users viewed this topic... $normal_buttons['tvl'] = array('test' => 'can_view_topic_log', 'text' => 'tvl_title', 'image' => 'tvl.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=topicviewlog;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.0'); // Special case for the custom one.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

madman71

Blue Dream,

Is the mod not avail anymore for 1.1.X? I cant find it here.
I have it running on my 1.1.7 and it works fine. I want it for my other board now.

thanks

dekay

This mod seems to work in 2 RC1 too.
I installed the mod manually with the "Manual Instructions" the Mod Section Offers.

in Themes/default/Display.template.php the searchphrase is not there anymore.

Instead of
// Special case for the custom one.
search for
// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]"

before add:

// Perhaps he will want to see the users viewed this topic...
$normal_buttons['tvl'] = array('test' => 'can_view_topic_log', 'text' => 'tvl_title', 'image' => 'tvl.gif', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=topicviewlog;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.0');

(code as provided by mod, no changes by me)

Don't forget to copy TopicViewLog.php onto the server.

I'm still testing, but looks like it's working as it should.

MIAUS

Hi,

my Mods really love this mod because now we can track if new users really did read the forum rules or just claim to have read them.
They have one question though: Is it possible to use this mod for users? Have a look at the most recent topics a user viewed? Maybe by adding a "view log" button to the member's profile?

This would be really great!

Dani

jimmyboy88

Hi
I am using 1.1.8 and have been using this mod for quite a while
how can this mod be enhanced to auto 'pm' those who view those selected topics ?

any help is appreciated

squad

I so love this modification, I have a question though.

It has bothered a few of our moderators that when
a particular member manages to reply to topics they
never show up in the Topic Log as viewing the Topic ???

Would that be because this member only views the majority
of posts via the 'Unread posts', via a members profile using
'Show the last posts of this person.' or by right clicking
on the Topic, opening in a new window/tab replying and
immediately closing it down.

This member also manages to post a topic, started by themselves
and when you go and check the Topic Log they don't even show
up then. It is becoming quiet annoying, this oneisn't the only
one but the major one it happens with, keeping track of certain
things with this member is near on impossible because of this.

Thank you for any help on this :)

Advertisement: