News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

E107 and SMF

Started by ruaduck, June 17, 2008, 01:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruaduck

I am using e107 v0.7 and SMF 1.1.5 and i am in need of a bridge between these two and instructions on how to do it.  The one that is in the Documents area didn't work for me.  Please help. Thanks

Tidus/ruaduck

Kindred

the installation of the smf-e107 bridge is described in the thread below.... and the bridge on the downloads site is the only one I know of.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ruaduck

all the threads are about wrapping SMF within e107...all i really want is to be able to use the same database for the two different logins...  i want e107 and SMF to share logins so that the old members on my forums will be able to access the new e107.

Kindred

no.  The bridge allows you to run wrapped or unwrapped.

The bridge syncs the users lists.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ruaduck

still...after reading i have no idea how to do this bridge. I am not finding a single thread of stating how to do it... is it in e107 i do it?  is it in SMF i do it?  If it is in e107 where do i do it? HELP!

ruaduck

after searching for quite some time, this is the URL i found that helps me do the bridge install.  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=216417.0

juggernt

I haven't completed full testing, but I did install this SMF bridge today for  e107(v0.7.11) and SMF(v1.15), and it does work. ...at least in the sense users can register either via e107 or SMF, and their credentials are recorded successfully to both apps user tables...thus allowing subsequent login via either one's login forms.

-Jay

Advertisement: