News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Started by Bulakbol, February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleanfiles

Hope your feeling well JohnyB. Hope we can get this mod working, I would hate to have to uninstall it cos i like what it does..

Bulakbol

@cleanfiles
  Try the attached files.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

cleanfiles

Thanks JohnyB, they work perfectly, great job mate. And a great mod. :)

justy_

hello. im getting test failed at :

Quote./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php
when i try to do the manual instructions to classic theme, the "find" string isnt found in there. any idea why?

im using the absado theme as well, but tweaked it with my preference.  here's our site:
hxxp:she-geeks.com/forum [nonactive]   

ccbtimewiz

If you're not using the classic theme-- then I'd skip it.

Bulakbol

@justy_

ccbtimewiz is right. You can skip that theme if you are not using it. You can go ahead with the installation ignoring the failed test.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

linette97

Hi JohnyB! I love your mod!! BUT I'm having trouble.. I just installed SMF 1.5 so I only have 2 members including myself. I installed your mod and it skipped files.. I decided to use Package Parser and this is what I get

QuotePHP script to execute: AvatarOnBoardDB114.php
Files installed

* noavatar.gif will be copied to $boarddir/avatars

Modifications to SMF files

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 679: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xE7 0xE3 0x6F 0x20 in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 501

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: <search position="before"><![CDATA[$helptxt['who_enabled'] = ' Esta op��o per in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 501

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 501

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php:501 Stack trace: #0 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(501): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<?xml version="...') #1 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(470): parseModificationXML('/home/sleepy1/b...', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'all') #2 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(125): parsePackageInfoXML('/home/sleepy1/b...', 'install', 'all') #3 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(823): parseArchive('/tmp/phpEWDTjK', 'install', 'all') #4 {main} thrown in /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php on line 501

Now I've been reading this whole post from beginning to ending trying to see if I can figure it out!
I'm using the Fire Theme so dunno if that's it.
Also I've been noticing that you ask people to attach files. Just in case you ask me to do the same
I have no idea where to get these files. I have no idea how to go and manually change codes in these files if needed!

So you are dealing with a complete newbie! LOL! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would love to use your mod  & install it w/o a hitch before I open my site..

Thanks!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

Bulakbol

If you want to manually install it yourself, try the in-built SMF Parser. What are the files that failed the installation test? 

linette97

Quote from: JohnyB on August 25, 2008, 07:33:43 PM
If you want to manually install it yourself, try the in-built SMF Parser. What are the files that failed the installation test? 
Thanks for the quick response!

Well it didn't have a "fail error"... Just "Skipping File" this is what it said..

1.  Extract File  ./avatars/noavatar.gif 
2. Execute Code AvatarOnBoardDB114.php
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/MessageIndex.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/dilbermc/BoardIndex.template.php Skipping file
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/dilbermc/MessageIndex.template.php Skipping file
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
15. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./Themes/helios_multi11/BoardIndex.template.php Skipping file
17. Execute Modification ./Themes/helios_multi11/MessageIndex.template.php Skipping file
18. Execute Modification ./Themes/wowdk_114v1/BoardIndex.template.php Skipping file
19. Execute Modification ./Themes/wowdk_114v1/MessageIndex.template.php Skipping file
20. Execute Modification ./Themes/Aa_New_Damage/BoardIndex.template.php Skipping file
21. Execute Modification ./Themes/Aa_New_Damage/MessageIndex.template.php Skipping file
22. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.portuguese.php Skipping file
23. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.portuguese.php Skipping file
24. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.swedish.php Skipping file
25. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.swedish.php Skipping file
26. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.dutch.php Skipping file
27. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Help.dutch.php Skipping file

Now I navigated to that link you gave me and I'm like WOW!! Ummmm I figured out how to modify the themes in Admin Cpanel... but the rest like for example from what you sent me

Where do I find these?
./Sources/

also at very end it says CODE
no idea where those are either..
Again thanks!

Oh btw.. I really rather not install myself ONLY if I have to! LOL .. looks crazy! But if I do I will try my best!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Bulakbol

You can go ahead with the installation if you want.  Try using the default Theme to see if it is working. Then edit your Themes/Fire/BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php. Use a good text editor like Crimson editor or Notepad++ then find the codes. Do not use word precessor.

linette97

Quote from: JohnyB on August 25, 2008, 08:13:54 PM
You can go ahead with the installation if you want.  Try using the default Theme to see if it is working. Then edit your Themes/Fire/BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php. Use a good text editor like Crimson editor or Notepad++ then find the codes. Do not use word precessor.

Ok I installed it and changed my theme to default, It works with that. so now all I have to do is modify the files you mentioned above right? I will let you know! :)

Oops, should I not use the admin Cpanel to modify it?

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Bulakbol

You can use the admin panel yes and if you make mistake, just use the default theme.

linette97

Ugh Johny! I have no idea what I'm doing!! Ok this is what I did

I went in to modify ./Themes/fire/BoardIndex.template.php
I used notepad because I had trouble finding the codes... I choose to use "find" in notepad..
Ok so I'm trying to look for all these codes and I was only able to find and modify 1

if (!empty($board['children']))

Replace with
if (!empty($board['children']) && !$modSettings['display_childboards'])

Now for ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
I found only 2
The same one as above &
<td colspan="8" align="right">
Replace with
<td colspan="9" align="right">

I look and nada has changed! grrrr
I installed using the admin Cpanel, was that not ok? I did not install manually.
Please help me out if you have the time. I'm pretty lost.
Thanks again!

I've attached both files in case you need to look at it! I went ahead and returned it back to how it was...

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Bulakbol

The files that you attached are not complete files. You should use FTP program to download and upload files to your server.

linette97

Quote from: JohnyB on August 25, 2008, 09:53:08 PM
The files that you attached are not complete files. You should use FTP program to download and upload files to your server.
Oops! I'm such a Noob! LOL! Sorry bout that.. I hope I did it right, I went to my FTP and downloaded the files from there into zip then saved it onto my PC....  here you go!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Bulakbol

@linette97
   Try these files. If they won't work, let me know and I'll check them once more. Use them after installing this mod.

Bulakbol

@linette97
   Try these files and let me know if they work.

bullbreedluverz

ive had a read thru this topic and i cant see a post(s) about changing the size of the avatar displayed on the board.

the displayed size of the avatar on the board is scaled to 35px × 35px but id like it to be scaled at 45px x 45px
as the forum avatar pictures (there not smf avatars, there 1s ive uploaded) become to compressed at the size they are being displayed at now and distort and i would also like the 45px x 45px to match the size of my new/old post icons that are 45px x 45px

can this be done?

Bulakbol

Admin -> Features and options -> Layout and Options.

bullbreedluverz

Advertisement: