General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manicred

Excuse me if this has already been answered. I was unable to find the solution.. I have install this mod and everything appears to work fine, mass upload etc. Except, there is no "media" button showing on the menu for members to upload or browser the gallery.
I can't seem to find out where I enable this, or if it should show automatically after installation.

Thoughts?

Kindred

it only shows if you have enabled the gallery part of the mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Manicred

Thank you!

I just found it, but when I click on it. I get a white page..

Kindred

check with your host... but I am betting it is a file chmod problem
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Manicred

Manicred

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. I've the same problem. Clicking on gallery in the admin only goes to a white page. Chmod changes have no impact. Has thus happened to anyone else.  Would it be a corruption in one of the files?

rad1701

Auto-embedding from Youtube doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden with this on my forum.  Anyone else having a problem all of a sudden??

Kindred

Do a search...

This has been discussed several dozen times in this thread.
YouTube switched to https and aeva has not been updated to deal with that change.
Слaва
Украинi

rad1701

Quote from: Kindred on April 16, 2013, 07:31:28 PM
Do a search...

This has been discussed several dozen times in this thread.
YouTube switched to https and aeva has not been updated to deal with that change.

It used to work if I just edited out the "s" in https until just the last couple of days.  Now, it's non-functional so to me this is a new tweak they made.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

rad1701

Quote from: Arantor on April 16, 2013, 08:07:48 PM
How about an example link that suddenly doesn't work?

All of them on my forum started to not embed properly today. 
Here's one of them:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ec_rPApKCA

Arantor

Works for me with Aeva Media (not the modified version elsewhere)

Either it's been disabled somehow or your host changed configuration. But that URL works for me on an unmodified Aeva Media.

EDIT: Also works as expected on the heavily modified version too. So it's down to your server.
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

TheListener

ryan_dwight

i don't know if someone already posted an answer for this but i cant find it when i used the search.

youtube links are working fine with me on auto embed

how can i use facebook video or other video streaming sites which are listed on the supported sites?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

ryan_dwight

DarkPAN

Quote from: rad1701 on April 16, 2013, 09:05:51 PM
All of them on my forum started to not embed properly today. 
Check that no part of the word "youtube" is mentioned or used in your word censor.

- Marco

Kindred

in that case, ryan_dwight, the source probably changed the access method...  You would have to update/change the sites list file...
Слaва
Украинi

ryan_dwight

Quote from: Kindred on April 17, 2013, 10:28:40 AM
in that case, ryan_dwight, the source probably changed the access method...  You would have to update/change the sites list file...
how can i do that?

i dont even know what code should i get in the facebook to have auto embed in the media.

i only have youtube videos on my media.

other streaming sites i dont know what code shoud i get.

is there any list of the streaming sites here with the corresponding link we should get?

Advertisement: