General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YogiBear

Hi Mark,

I got both to work fine by allowing pop ups from that site.

Edit: as you were...for Wimbledon archive I have to add the html links.

SMF v2.1.4  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4, Simple Image Upload v2.0.0,  PHP  v.8.1

mark7144

Yogi, the issues I'm referring to cannot be fixed like that, it's purely down to how the mod works with the sites. Thanks anyway.

Nao 尚

Quote from: mark7144 on June 23, 2010, 05:23:34 AM
The sport videos are the ones that are often UK only as BBC pay a lincense to show certain events and other channels in other countries will have licenses to show that same event in their countries... thus you get conflicts if the video was global.
Good thing IP proxies exist, eheh. Sometimes, it's nice to be able to watch an iPlayer program that way. (There's also a VLC plugin that allows anyone to view most of the UK channels, live. That's cool. I never do that, but it's nice to know I can.)

QuoteNao: So you can see it now? Have you noticed those larger videos give an error saying, "This doesn't seem to be working. Try again later." If it's a UK only video, it should tell you that but it's broken so it doesn't.
No, I haven't tested these on my site... And I wouldn't want to work on them either -- BBC has been one of my worst nightmares in terms of integration, because of all of the changes they made over the last year. You'll have to wait until I personally need to embed a BBC video and it doesn't work. Then I'll fix it. That's the reason I added Google Maps support recently.
(Which, BTW, will also allow anyone to add support for any video website much easier than before if they don't want to delve into the complications of Aeva embedding.)

QuoteAlso, while we are on the topic of broken embeds. Your mod says it supports 'LiveStream.com' but currently it does not support archived videos on that website, only live streaming. For example, on their Wimbledon page, they have every interview archived but when you post it up, it just embeds a live stream of an interview room.
Well, same here... I don't use it, and AeMe really went down my priority list since last year. Add it to a to-do-list somewhere and pray for someone to help...

QuoteSorry if I'm being annoying, just reporting problems, not expecting you to take action :)
No annoyance, no problem. Just repeating that motto to everyone.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

mark7144

Fair enough... I'll have no idea when you'll fix it though. I can't exactly just keep checking this thread each page to see... oh well :(

Nao 尚

I don't know, just check the changelog on each new release... It's not like I'm releasing a lot of updates these days ;)
Or you can 'sponsor' any work on improving support for a website, as always.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Fugitive_Bill

Post removed, realised it was dumb question - sorry.

mark7144

Quote from: Nao on June 23, 2010, 07:39:59 AM
Or you can 'sponsor' any work on improving support for a website, as always.
Hypothetically, how much to fix the BBC issue?

drfun

Quote from: drfun on May 21, 2010, 06:05:08 PM
A big thanks to all the developers of this great mod, its really nice.
However, i wish to ask if its possible that the My album, the playlist and even My video's can
be display on a user colum, under he/her picture in the forum when ever he makes a post or starts a discusion.
just like that on face book for easy navigation to that user album and video's uploaded.

Any help will be appreciated.

Can someone help me out on this please, even if it's seem over looked, i will still like to read some thing on
this and our gurus can make it possible.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

phantom5

I have an ssue with MP3 audio repeat using SMF 1.1.8 & SMG 2.0.5. Everything works great except the owner asked to have mp3 files NOT auto repeat when finished playing. I can't find any setting or related code to fix this. I also have FFmpeg running and AEVA 5.2.56 installed. Is there any way to fix this?

mark7144

Hmm, noticed today that all sized 'UK only' videos from BBC no longer work with this mod :/

Özgür

When i try to edit something, for example re-upload a single mp3 in editing item. Get the "Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (filesize)" error.

And in error log

"2: Can't open movie file /public_html/mgal_data/albums/Osman_Yanardağ_Tüm_Albümleri/Dir_1/26_yagmur_ses_mp3683c86c65dcd05061233973bc1b0dcc1_extmp3"

"2: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /public_html/mgal_data/tmp/yagmur ses.mp3"
And "8: Undefined index: duration"

I change to mp3. No change.
So Long

Özgür

in modifications.english.php change  $txt['aeva_gallery'] = 'Media';
So Long

Nao 尚

I just took some time to finally get into the new svn server.

rev 262
! Fixed sitelist version number... (Aeva-Admin3.php, Subs-Aeva-Sites.php)
+ Implemented a more flexible implementation for HTML-type embeds. (Aeva-Embed.php, Subs-Aeva-Sites.php)
! SMF 2.0's caching feature would nearly always break Javascript-powered embedding. (Aeva-Embed.php)
* Showing Foxy! playlists via an item search now returns 30 items, instead of 15 when not shown as a playlist. (Aeva-Gallery2.php)
* In similar circumstances, show playlist page index both directly above and directly below the playlists themselves. (This will only be visible in a version of Foxy! that isn't out yet.) (Aeva-Gallery2.php)
! Fixed an incompatibility with the Imagick library. (Aeva-Media.php)
! SMF 2.0's latest versions use a "clear" class now, rather than "clearfix". (Aeva.template.php)
* Google Maps iframes weren't being aligned in a very nice way. (am.css)

Özgür

Quote from: Daydreamer on June 24, 2010, 12:39:32 PM
When i try to edit something, for example re-upload a single mp3 in editing item. Get the "Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (filesize)" error.

And in error log

"2: Can't open movie file /public_html/mgal_data/albums/Osman_Yanardağ_Tüm_Albümleri/Dir_1/26_yagmur_ses_mp3683c86c65dcd05061233973bc1b0dcc1_extmp3"

"2: filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for /public_html/mgal_data/tmp/yagmur ses.mp3"
And "8: Undefined index: duration"

I change to mp3. No change.
Forget it. I figured out. Problem is mgal_data/tmp folder chmod.

And i like the new svn servers but how can we download the files in it?
So Long

Nao 尚

Quote from: Daydreamer on June 24, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
Forget it. I figured out. Problem is mgal_data/tmp folder chmod.
I thought you would have tried this first ;)

QuoteAnd i like the new svn servers but how can we download the files in it?
I've already answered that. You should PM Dragooon to speed it up.

Nao 尚

(I thought it'd be easier, at least this once, to directly release a new version.)

Aeva Media v1.3 is out!

Version 1.3                                         June 24, 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------
+ Added preliminary support for 'html'-type embeds, which allow
  you to specify the complete embed code yourself.
* Showing Foxy! playlists via an item search now returns
  30 items, instead of 15 when not shown as a playlist.
* In similar circumstances, show playlist page index both
  directly above and directly below the playlists themselves.
! Fixed an incompatibility with the Imagick library
! SMF 2.0's latest versions use a "clear" class now, rather than "clearfix"
! SMF 2.0's caching feature would nearly always break Javascript-powered embedding

+ Added support for Google Maps. Yay :)

Snowy

I uninstalled the older version and deleted, then uploaded and installed 1.3. It now tells me there is a newer version, 1.2a. I don't get it.

Nao 尚

Snowy

Quote from: Nao on June 24, 2010, 05:29:21 PM
Fixed...

Cool... Thanks! I thought it was something I did wrong and I couldn't figure it out.
I uninstalled, deleted, downloaded again and reinstalled again. No more message.

Snowy

Now I have another question... How do I post a google map?
I go to maps.google.com and get a map, then I click on link, then I click on customize and preview embedded map.
It comes out as html coding. Google Maps is checked in my Aeva list.

Advertisement: