News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafferty

It appears no one ese is having this problem so it must be my end. 

The number of views isnt registering, constantly at "0".
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Nao 尚

Quote from: butchs on February 07, 2010, 08:54:06 PM
Clarification, I mean, just the big folder icon.  I think the "template_button_strip" function does it in SMF 1.1.X.

When you have a boat load of albums the large folder icons take forever to load.
I don't get what you mean.
If you simply mean album icons in a list of albums, make sure that 'clear URLs' are enabled for thumbnails in the admin area. All future album icons should use (I think) the clear URL system that item thumbnails will use. For current album icons I don't remember. You may have to update them manually.

'Clear filenames' will make sure that thumbnails are accessed directly by their physical file URL, rather than a script that redirects to the file. The bad thing is that if you have an ultra-private album, people can still post thumbnails to these items anywhere. The good things are that (1) who cares about a thumbnail anyway (and all major gallery systems allow this, it's not like it's a security hole), (2) since it doesn't call a script, it immediately returns the picture.

Given that calling the script will initialize the entire SMF process and load all Aeva Media settings (to check for permissions), it can take up to one additional second just to load 10 thumbnails. This is something I never accepted personally...
I would gladly set Clear filenames by default when installing AM, but what if it's an upgrade from an old SMG? Enabling clear filenames without checking would kill all of your existing thumbnails. This is why you need to manually force it to Clear filenames, so that the conversion process will be correctly run. (You can go back to non-clear filenames later, too.)

@Rafferty> Is this with videos?
Also... Where does your Pagelinks section come from? Did you add the page select box manually?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Rafferty

Quote@Rafferty> Is this with videos?
Also... Where does your Pagelinks section come from? Did you add the page select box manually?

Yes just the videos and no I have added nothing manually

I also note that the admin is still reporting theres a new version yet I have the newest version installed

QuoteA new version (AEVA_MEDIA_VERSION) is available!

Nao 尚

Quote from: Rafferty on February 08, 2010, 04:14:46 AM
Yes just the videos
Local of embedded?
(This has been reported earlier.)

Quoteand no I have added nothing manually
Hmm, I guess it's a mod then...?

QuoteI also note that the admin is still reporting theres a new version yet I have the newest version installed
Did you reload the page at least once?

QuoteA new version (AEVA_MEDIA_VERSION) is available!
...What? Hmm... Bugger...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Rafferty

All videos local and embedded

My forum is heavily modded including another gallery, smf gallery pro

Reloaded several times and now seems to have fixed itself

Nao 尚

Fixed itself? What? The view counter? For all vids? (Argh, don't tell me that... :P)

What do you need SGP for, in addition to AM? Transition, or genuine need for both's different features?

Rafferty

Sorry no, the view counter is not fixed, the newer version message fixed itself.

Two reasons for keeping SMF Gallery Pro at this time, one, the converter didnt convert all my gallery when I tried and kept getting end of script 500 errors whilst running it. What it did convert was only partially correct and a lot of photos were orphaned or incorrectly foldered.  Secondly, I thought the albums in AEVA Media loaded too slowly, as well as having the slide show function with SMFGallery. 

Ive used earlier AEVA for quite a while purely for video embedding and have found this great for that, as well as keeping them neatly in the one gallery.  I also use this Media for storage and available downloads of documents for the users and sound files. 

I may try to convert again in a little while, now its a final release. 

ps: I also might mention, and I think its a fault with my forum actually, that I cant get the recent uploads script to work in tiny portal. When activated, it doesnt load anything past that point, I lose all right side blocks and only have a blank box showing.   

Tiribulus

Outstanding Monsieur!!!!

I waited through all the alphas and betas to install Aeva Media on my main site because it'r running over 80 mods and the theme is manually modded all over the place as well. Nothing to do with you, but I was afraid of what might happen with a major change like this. This morning I did my backups and bit the bullet.

I had to do exactly one uninstall edit for AEVA, none for Media Gallery  and I think one (2?) install edit for my theme and everything appears to be fine after about a half hour of checking around. I got some info from a thread over at SP about the gallery block and that's good now too.

Any (or the vast majority anyway) problems people might be having getting it working simply have to be on their end. If someone as relatively unskilled as myself with a Frankenstein modded site like mine can get it going with this little effort the code must be pretty damn clean. I have no idea when you sleep.

butchs

Quote from: Nao on February 08, 2010, 04:05:41 AM
Quote from: butchs on February 07, 2010, 08:54:06 PM
Clarification, I mean, just the big folder icon.  I think the "template_button_strip" function does it in SMF 1.1.X.

When you have a boat load of albums the large folder icons take forever to load.
Clear filenames' will make sure that thumbnails are accessed directly by their physical file URL,...

That did it.  Thanks.
;)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

drav

Hi

Does anyone know why, when I try to access the auto-embedder settings through the admin panel, my connection times out? I get an internal server error and:

Premature end of script headers: index.php
referer: [SITE]/index.php?action=admin

I've had this before but it has since resurfaced after an upgrade to SMF 2.0. The mod actually works OK but its obviously annoying not to be able to configure the settings.

Thanks  :D

DeathCom

Well, I have both youtube embeds and locally stored WMV files. I can't get views on either, but the locally stored file does count downloads.

Also, it's confusing because the only way I can get views to count on photos is with the quick view pop up. Viewing the file (with comments viewable) doesn't count.

-DeathCom

Nibogo

Nao first of all really nice job, I really like Aeva Media (Even knowing that I don't see a lot of big changes between Aeva Media 1.0 and Aeva 7.0 with SMG 2.0.5) but I was wondering if you can add a new feature to this mod. Would be nice if you add a new option in the "Additional Options" allowing the user to automatically disable embedding on his post, something similar to the Don't Use Smileys option.

Regards

saks

Congratulations Nao!!!  That's a LOT of work! And I am very glad that it such productive! :)!

...And I have question - How can i show x last uploaded elements in my post?

spaceboy

Hi, I was hoping someone could help.

I uninstalled SMF Media Gallery 1.5.6 and installed AVEA Media 1.0, but now my Admin menu doesn't work at all (not just Avea Admin, the whole thing!).  The mod is working ok (it said it installed) and I can paste a link in an Article and it auto embeds. 

However when I click my admin button I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare allowedtoaccessalbum() (previously declared in ..../html/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php:618) in /home/.../html/Sources/Subs-MGallery.php on line 907

I can't uninstall or do anything in my Admin menu.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Filipina

1.0 upgrade went without a stumble :) I also no longer see that funny header problem with my other core themes. Looks awesome.

One question I have searched the settings and cannot locate this option. Maybe there is, maybe there is not. When someone is on the media main page and clicks Albums is there a way to reverse the order and have the newest albums appear first "automagically".

Nao 尚

Quote from: Rafferty on February 08, 2010, 09:37:30 AM
Two reasons for keeping SMF Gallery Pro at this time, one, the converter didnt convert all my gallery when I tried and kept getting end of script 500 errors whilst running it.
Hmm, this shouldn't happen unless you have a very slow server...

QuoteWhat it did convert was only partially correct
Partially correct? How so?

Quoteand a lot of photos were orphaned or incorrectly foldered.
This shouldn't be happening, at all... What version of SGP?

QuoteSecondly, I thought the albums in AEVA Media loaded too slowly,
This used to be a problem when you had plenty of albums with descriptions, but v1.0 Final fixed it...

Quoteas well as having the slide show function with SMFGallery.
There's no slideshow in Aeva Media for now, indeed. The next version will have one though. (Technically, you could have one right now if you simply updated the highslide.js file to a more complete version, and updated the variables at the beginning of the file to match the defaults in Aeva Media.)

Quoteps: I also might mention, and I think its a fault with my forum actually, that I cant get the recent uploads script to work in tiny portal. When activated, it doesnt load anything past that point, I lose all right side blocks and only have a blank box showing.
TinyPortal needs to update its blocks for AM.

@Tiribulus> Technically, I'm thinking of having more sleep in the next few days... Although with the Phoenix Project stuff coming up, it probably won't last much...
Honestly, I was wondering whether I should lose sleep over the fact that I haven't sold a single copy of Foxy! in the 3 days since I cut its price in half to celebrate the release of AM1. What a party, lol. In the end, it's not important. After all, had I spent a few days making a usable social media login script, in a month I would have made 20 times what I did with Foxy! in six. Problem is, I don't work on stuff for money, but for pleasure. So I'll have to live with the fact that I'm not making money off this. I'm pretty sure that even if I sell Foxy! at $5, no one will buy it either.

@drav> Bad server?

@Nibogo> There ARE a lot of changes, thank you very much... I would expect a fellow mod author to at least notice. :P What else should I do? Add a giant AM logo in the middle of all pictures? ;) As for the feature, I'm not sure. Maybe if more people ask for it. Don't forget it's not needed... Use the [noembed] tags where wanted.

@saks> In your post?

@spaceboy> You "forgot" to uninstall an earlier copy of SMG. You'll have to uninstall it manually. You're on your own... (Warning message saying I'm not responsible, etc.)

@Filipina> Yes, Beta 5 had a few issues with RC2 themes. The newest albums are shown in the bottom right corner of the homepage. (Only the albums with items in them will show.)
In the future I'm hoping to allow people to sort the album list by something other than author, we'll see.
Also, you may want to set your number of albums per row to a minimum of 2... That's in the Layout area of the admin settings. You have many albums, and 1 per row is just too inefficient in my experience. It doesn't look as slick. ;)

Nao 尚

Filipina, I just checked my mail and saw you made me a donation -- thanks a lot :)
I don't just "accept" donations that are higher than the amount of a copy of Foxy!, though, without at least giving a copy of it. Could you please make yourself an account at noisen.com so I can give you access to the Foxy! board?

Rafferty

Dont get me wrong Nao Im not complaining, in fact I would definetly use it soley if I could get around these problems. 

QuoteQuote from: Rafferty on Yesterday at 09:37:30 AM

Two reasons for keeping SMF Gallery Pro at this time, one, the converter didnt convert all my gallery when I tried and kept getting end of script 500 errors whilst running it.

Hmm, this shouldn't happen unless you have a very slow server...

What it did convert was only partially correct

Partially correct? How so?

and a lot of photos were orphaned or incorrectly foldered.

This shouldn't be happening, at all... What version of SGP?

1. re server: I dont know, fact is it does though

2. Re Conversion: The converter only converted some 800 of 1300 photos and some without folders, some orphaned and other unreadable.

3. What version of SGP?: Forgive my ignorance I dont even know what that is lol.

Nao 尚

SGP = smf gallery pro

Are you on shared hosting? For what monthly price approx.?

Rafferty

Oh! how embarrasing lol.

Im on a shared server with Liquidnet with static IP and SSL certificate:

12 Month(s) @ 12.93AUD = 155.17 AUD for plan renewal Corporate
12 Month(s) @ 3.94AUD = 47.28 AUD for service renewal 1 IP(s)
12 Month(s) @ 13.00AUD = 156.00 AUD for service renewal

I need quite a bit of room and have:

SMTP: ON
CPU limit: 7.5%
Backup limit: 5GB

Service    
Domains       30
Subdomains    300
Aliases    Unlimited
E-mails    Unlimited
Mailing Lists    15
IPs                      2
FTPs            50
MySQL DB(s)    50
MySQL MB    120
PgSQL DB(s)    1
PgSQL MB    80
Traffic MB     24991000.00
Storage MB    2000000.00
Files        300000

Server:

Operation System :   Debian GNU/Linux
Perl Version :   v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
MySQL Version :   mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i386) using readline 5.0
PHP Version :   5
Majordomo Version :   1.94.5

Oops SMG ver 2.5.7 pro

Advertisement: