News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phat^Trance

Hi guys, Please help me with this!

I uninstalled the pretty url due to high load to the database and on the forum error log is going crazy with these two error logs:

http://dailymobile.se/forum/index.php?action=admin
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: pretty_admin_menu
File: /home/phat/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2895

and

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  http://dailymobile.se/forum/index.php?action=admin
Line: 2900

how can i fix this? im getting like 15 pages of error within one hour. note that i have corrected the most of the direct links and changed the url on those links to the default links. I can attach the sub.php here if you want
Daily Mobile Blog:  http://dailymobile.se/
Daily iPhone Blog: http://dailyiphoneblog.com/
Daily Mobile forum: http://forum.dailymobile.se/

snah

I installed the latest version and now I can not access the administration panel, profile, search engine etc, I returned to the start of the forum when I click on the link.

protonxl

is there a fix for the news.php ?

ken123

What is proper way to upgrade fom 0.9.0 to 0.9.1
Prosper Forums - Discussion on Prosper P2P Loans and Investing.
HYIP Daily Blog - a must read for HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs) investors.
Momentum Stocks

d03boy

I installed this from the packages manager today. The effect is non-existent. The only thing I've noticed is some new tables in the SMF database and the error log is changing. My htaccess should be working properly. The links on the forum are still in their old format for some reason.

I just upgraded from SMF 2.0 Beta 4 to SMF 2.0 RC1. What am I doing wrong?

I tried changing my default language to English.. but it was already set! I still can't find the link to enable the mod. It's not in the configuration menu!

Dannii

Quote from: Shadow_One on March 03, 2009, 09:00:01 AM
Hello,

First of all: this is a great mod. It really fits with SMF.
Secondly, in Forum Error log i'm getting this:
8: Undefined index: query_string
File: [path_to_forum]/Sources/Display.php
Line: 77

Where Line 77 is this one: if (!isset($_REQUEST['xml']) && (isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $context['pretty']['query_string']['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board]) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])

What's the problem?

Oh, and when i try to acces the Manage Boards in Admin section, it appears this:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_pretty_board_url() (previously declared in /home/.mando/shadow_tj/se-scene.net/Sources/Load.php(1760) : eval()'d code:592) in [path_to_url]/Sources/Load.php(1760) : eval()'d code on line 675

PS: if you converted your phpBB3 forum with Advanced URL Rewriting mod to SMF + Pretty URLs, just add this to the .htaccess to redirect the old links to smf:
RewriteRule ^[a-z0-9_-]*-f([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /index.php?pretty;board=$1.$3 [QSA,L,NC]
RewriteRule ^[a-z0-9_-]*-f([0-9]+)/[a-z0-9_-]*-t([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$4 [QSA,L,NC]
RewriteRule ^[a-z0-9_-]*-t([0-9]+)(-([0-9]+))?\.html$ /index.php?pretty;topic=$1.0 [QSA,L,NC]

Hmm looks like there was a problem with the installation, at least some of it was installed twice. Can you go through all of the changes and check that they were made, and that the files were only modified once?

Quote from: af3 on March 03, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
hi, i'm using WPMU and running on wildcard dns to have virtual subdomain. I've also setup a subdomain in cpanel to have smf running at http://forum.domain.com

I've the following .htaccess in my root dir.

#Real subdomain can be accessed and bypass WPMU, redirect to http://forum.domain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} forum.domain.com
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !forum/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ forum/$1 [L]

#Redirect uploaded files for WPMU
RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule . - [L]
RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
RewriteRule  ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE:%{HTTP:If-Modified-Since}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH:%{HTTP:If-None-Match}]

However, when i use this mod in the /forum folder; I got redirected to the main root (WPMU main site) if i enable topics and forum pretty_url. So far, when I enable pretty_url for profile, it works fine. Any idea how can i fix this either modification on the .htaccess in my root or in the forum folder?

Thanks in advance.
You can't use this mod and this at the same time:RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

Quote from: Phat^Trance on March 04, 2009, 07:13:59 AM
Hi guys, Please help me with this!

I uninstalled the pretty url due to high load to the database and on the forum error log is going crazy with these two error logs:

http://dailymobile.se/forum/index.php?action=admin
Line: 2895

and

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  http://dailymobile.se/forum/index.php?action=admin
Line: 2900

how can i fix this? im getting like 15 pages of error within one hour. note that i have corrected the most of the direct links and changed the url on those links to the default links. I can attach the sub.php here if you want
You're missing the language texts. If you're using another language copy them from English.

Quote from: aimarejada on March 04, 2009, 05:06:31 PM
I installed the latest version and now I can not access the administration panel, profile, search engine etc, I returned to the start of the forum when I click on the link.
http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting
Then run the first section here.

Quote from: protonxl on March 05, 2009, 10:26:40 AM
is there a fix for the news.php ?
Not yet sorry. It's not a big problem, you can ignore it.

Quote from: ken123 on March 05, 2009, 09:00:06 PM
What is proper way to upgrade fom 0.9.0 to 0.9.1
Uninstall 0.9, install 0.9.1

Quote from: d03boy on March 06, 2009, 01:54:55 AM
I installed this from the packages manager today. The effect is non-existent. The only thing I've noticed is some new tables in the SMF database and the error log is changing. My htaccess should be working properly. The links on the forum are still in their old format for some reason.

I just upgraded from SMF 2.0 Beta 4 to SMF 2.0 RC1. What am I doing wrong?

I tried changing my default language to English.. but it was already set! I still can't find the link to enable the mod. It's not in the configuration menu!
Did you enable the mod yet? It has it's own new page.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

gnowak

Hi im trying til install Pretty Urls 0.9.1. In the package manager I get the error "Error in Package Installation" when I try to apply the mod.

This is the flawed output:
6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/News.php   Test failed
13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed

Any hints?

EDIT: I am running SMF 1.1.8 by the way.
Curriculum Vitae [nofollow]

Özgür

Danni, How choose priority for new filters?
So Long

Dannii

Quote from: gnowak on March 06, 2009, 07:22:34 PM
Hi im trying til install Pretty Urls 0.9.1. In the package manager I get the error "Error in Package Installation" when I try to apply the mod.

Any hints?

The error for News.php doesn't matter, the error for QueryString.php is serious though. What other mods do you have?

Quote from: Özgür´ on March 06, 2009, 08:03:44 PM
Danni, How choose priority for new filters?
http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/Filters
Check that page. Pick a number under 20 or over 80, depending on whether you want it to happen before or after the default filters.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

gnowak

Hey Dannii.

Thanks for the reply.
My mods:

Mod Name   Version   
1.   Affiliates   1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   YouTube BBCode   2.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Blog Community (for 1.1.x)   2.0.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Favicon   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Highslide Image Viewer   1.0 RC8     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Notify of posts and replys by default   1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   SMF 1.0.15 / 1.1.7 Update   1.0     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Select Admin for Notifications   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Spoiler Tag   0.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   AJAX Recent Topics   1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   Language File Compare   1.0.1     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox   1.21

Thank you.

Dannii

None of those mods look problematic. I'm not sure why QueryString.php is having errors. You could consider applying all of the the changes yourself manually, but do make a backup first.

gnowak

I will tingle around and report back, when and if I find af solution.

Thanks.

gnowak

Quote from: Dannii on March 07, 2009, 06:58:11 AM
Quote from: gnowak on March 06, 2009, 07:22:34 PM

Any hints?

The error for News.php doesn't matter, the error for QueryString.php is serious though. What other mods do you have?

On a clean install of SMF 1.1.8 I still get the error for News.php.

After the install i get this error in SMF:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /var/www/SMFclean/Sources/QueryString.php on line 537

QueryString.php passed the install test though?

thedesigner

I installed this mod without problems, I did all of the said changes to my files as instructed in the read me, I set the permissions for the gallery in admin, I set the galleries settings and I see nothing on my site. Whats up? Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

GurusBlog

I installed this mod and all is ok but is showing "short urls" hxxp:example.com/investing [nonactive] instead of "long ones" hxxp:www.example.com/investing [nonactive] . How can I do for showing "long urls" in order to work as the rest of my site?? Thank you

mirahalo

Hi, I install prety urls in my forum version 2.0 rC1, no problems there, I only have one little problem, I have my forum in a subdirectory called foro, the Rewrite Actions works fine, it shows foro/help, foro/mgallery, etc, but the board and topics show: h**p://mysite.com/some_topic or h**p://mysite.com/some_board and it gives me an Not Found 404 error, but when I include the /foro in the url like this: h**p://mysite.com/foro/some_topic  it shows well, how or where can I changes this so it show de foro/ in topics and boards ???

I try to add the foro/ part to this part, like this but nothing happen :(

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./foro/index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./foro/index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

this is an example of my problem, url one doesnt show the foro/, and doesnt work :(

h**p://oharascans.com/noticias/

url two, adde the foro/ to the url and now is working:

h**p://oharascans.com/foro/noticias/

thanks in advance :)

Bye the way, great mod !!!

[/s]

nevermind.....

solved.....  :P

phpMyTony

aishaweb

Quote from: Mr.Perez on March 09, 2009, 01:00:33 PM
What are pretty urls?

Please tell us this isn't a serious question!

phpMyTony

Lol, it is a serious question.

vitalik82

HELP!

I just installed the mode on my SMF 2.0 RC1. The installation was successful.

So I went and turned it on in the admin. And now I can not access my forum!

I get:

404 Error - Not Found

Please help! How do I turn it off using ftp?

Advertisement: