nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Thanks Brian,

I'm sure that I'll resist the temptation to abuse the account! ::)

Do you have your shoutbox within TP or similar?

nneonneo

@Col: Shoutbox disables guest posting by default. You would need an account to access the shoutbox.
@fritpa: If you're referring to the info center (where a number of people decided to put it), see the thread about three pages back (there's a fair bit of discussion on putting it in the info center)

Quote from: Totosfo on January 22, 2007, 04:09:01 PM
Quote from: nneonneo on January 21, 2007, 03:46:25 PM
As for the collapsing shoutbox problem, it's because the header code is still linked to it.
Quick fix:
Find ', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">','
and replace it by a single >, so the line looks something like
<div id="yshout">...loading shoutbox...
That should fix the odd vanishing shoutbox.

Hi nneonneo,

thanks for the hint, but unfortunately I cannot locate an exact match of the code you provided. I grepped through various files - could you give me the filename and an approx line number where to look?

Thanks again for your support!

Thomas
Totosfo: the code is in index.template.php; if you did not move the shoutbox from the original header position youdon't have to change the code, but if you moved it, it's in the block of code that was moved (<div id="yshout"[...]). Sorry for the late reply, i have to admit I must have skimmed over it...
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

blez

is it possible to handle hungarian utf-8 characters, like őúűí ?
thx, blez

nneonneo

Shoutbox should already use utf-8 encoding by default.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

blez

One of my user looks like this (attachment), but his basically called Töki. What cause this prob? Can u help me?

Col

SMF uses charset=ISO-8859-1 by default. Could this be the cause of the problem? Those square boxes show up when usual characters are used with the default charset, or at least I think they do.

I would have thought if you have switched to using utf-8, then those Hungarian characters should be displayed without a problem. Does the shoutbox definitely use utf-8? I don't pretend to really understand the issues with character sets.

xsharewarex

Quote from: xsharewarex on January 27, 2007, 04:28:07 PM
Quote from: xsharewarex on January 25, 2007, 12:50:23 AM
Hi,

I have installed the shout box successfully & it works properly for approximately 15-20 mins & then suddenly it displays the following errors or disappears from the forum. I am not sure why.

Can some pls help me with this.

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mounted-storage/home31a/sub001/sc26922-PGPV/xsharewarex.com/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 321

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mounted-storage/home31a/sub001/sc26922-PGPV/xsharewarex.com/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /mounted-storage/home31a/sub001/sc26922-PGPV/xsharewarex.com/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 124

Thanx & Regards
XsharewareX

Someone pls help me with this problem that I am facing with the forum...SMF Ver 1.1.1

nneonneo's pls help me with the problem that I am facing with the shout box

brianjw

If you use like the TM after your name (which i do) it shows up with a box as well! ???
i dont like it that way... any way to fix thus ???

Thanks in advance.
Brianjw

Pennine ARL

I am using a different theme and I have the shoutbox appearing and ready to use but when you submit a message I get this error code appearing in the shoutbox

Warning: fopen(chats/home.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home37a/sub003/sc29427-YCPC/www/guestbook/yshout/yshout.php on line 660
File error (writeLine); aborted

Can anyone help?

fritpa

Any chance to put this shoutbox at the bottom of the page? and how can I limit de numbers of shout (lines)?

Thanks.

Daggers

Read through the posts matey, both of your questions have already been answered  ;) :D

Zwerko

nneonneo

@xsharewarex: not my fault. Shoutbox doesn't even use MySQL.
@brianjw: I am trying to resolve the problem, but my host is temporarily down (self hosted :P). I will see if the character encoding thing is related to SMF's default encoding (I'm guessing it does, but that's just a hunch)
@Pennine: Please chmod chats/home.txt to 755. If that fails, try 777.
@fritpa: See pages 15-16.
spammers here!

livedown

NNeao can you please sendme the code thru PM or post it here for making my shoutbox appear inside a block in TP. I already have it installed in the default theme... so please give me step by step instructions. Thanks You!!!

Apreciate your help.

www.livedown.us   is my site if you want to take a look...

Forfirith

Hi ^^
I dunno if this error has already been reported... but I find it very intriguing....
I, has a admin, can't see the shoutbox, it keeps saying ...loading shoutbox..., but my normal users can see and use it well ... :\
Help?
hxxp:yproject.pt.vu [nonactive]

xsharewarex

Quote from: nneonneo on January 30, 2007, 11:03:31 PM
@xsharewarex: not my fault. Shoutbox doesn't even use MySQL.

Thank you for your reply nneonneo's

khurrum

censored words of forum are not working in shout. How can they be censored?

daxar

i'have installed this mod on my smf 1.1.1. but i don't understand the way to appair the smiley.
Someone can helpme?

xyxis_fahim

Quote from: daxar on February 03, 2007, 10:19:17 AM
i'have installed this mod on my smf 1.1.1. but i don't understand the way to appair the smiley.
Someone can helpme?

I manually user the smiley codes when submitting messages ;)

brianjw

Quote from: brianjw on January 24, 2007, 09:42:50 PM

Some more Future Version Suggestions

- Makes a sound when someone has posted in the Shoutbox (can be disabled in some file or admin if applicable)
- Clear all posts; This will automatically delete posts displayed in the shoutbox by time. As an example you can set it to clear all messages every Saturday at some time. (can be disabled and edited in some file or admin if applicable)

Brianjw ;)

nneonneo, what about these suggestions and I also... have more!!!

Suggestions...
- Do not keep history. Only keeps what is displayed in the shoutbox (turn on or off in admin panel or some file)
- Fix the shoutbox: All symbols can be used like: ™, (c), R, etc.
- Guest can post in shoutbox. They type there name in and they type (turn on or off in admin panel or some file)
- Options (how many posts show up, use BBC and Smileys, History on or off, symbols to use, etc.) should be kept in an admin area or a separate file like options.php that all the files link to for several options you can modify manually.
- Create an admin panel for the nneonneo's shoutbox!

Brianjw - suggestions is my thing :D

Advertisement: