Randomly "empty" posts

Started by thal, July 29, 2008, 07:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thal

I've encountered a strange bug on a forum where I'm not an administrator. Sometimes I can't read posts regardless of poster - me or someone else. Sometimes the entire post is empty and other times (as the case was when I first encountered the bug) my answer is invisible when I use quote. I can read these invisible posts as a guest or when I quote them in a new post.

The forum is running smf 1.1.5.

Bulakbol

You should report that to the administrator of the board because the Admin can hide posts by using mods.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

thal

This phenomena is to random to blame on a mod and, as I said in the initial post, all text is visible if I quote an empty post or just log out. It seems to be language-dependent though, since it seems to work when english is set as preffered language. The admins asked me to report it here, and besides I'm qurious in case this bug will show up on my all-swedish smf-driven board.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: thal on July 31, 2008, 05:13:33 PM
This phenomena is to random to blame on a mod and, as I said in the initial post, all text is visible if I quote an empty post or just log out. It seems to be language-dependent though, since it seems to work when english is set as preffered language. The admins asked me to report it here, and besides I'm qurious in case this bug will show up on my all-swedish smf-driven board.

Seeing how you aren't the administration of that forum, we can't exactly help bug fix it. It seems to be a $txt[] error.

thal

I know it's a bit awkward for a non-admin to ask these questions but thanks for the tip anyway. I just hoped that this wasn't something unique and that there might be a known fix to the bug. I'll post your tip regarding $txt[] to the admins! :)

Rumbaar

Well yes, the admin should be the one trying to troubleshoot this issue.

But it could be a number of things from missing language $txt[] strings to the current server not working properly and sending all the data to the client browser.  Thus 'missing' posts and content.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: